Forza 350, 750, NC750X, SH350 - which one has a new home?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Re: Forza 350, 750, NC750X, SH350 - which one has a new home?

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Horobags - two SH 350s were delivered to my local dealer about 5 weeks ago; his and hers silver and red. I say 'his and hers' because I took my partner along and we very nearly bought the pair there and then. Keeping calm heads we left and those 5 weeks went by. Meanwhile, Michelle decided against a bike for now, as she wanted to have a landscaping job done on the garden. I legged it back to the shop last Monday to find only the silver SH left and paid for it immediately! :D I had earlier, phoned around Devon and Cornwall dealers for availabilty of both the Forza 350 and SH and was met with the same response - none available until march 2022.

I'll be honest now! I've fancied the SH 300 for a few years! The increase in engine size and output was the push I needed, despite really liking the Forza.

Some things just made sense with the SH350 - larger wheels, the larger rear pegs, the seat lifting all the way up rather than the silly angle on the Forza, less weight, slimmer profile, storage on the floor etc. I also love the looks and style of the thing, especially the arse!

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Capt. R Swipe wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:00 pm
Waldorf wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:05 am I saw these a couple of weeks ago - rear huggers:]

Well bugger me Waldorf, Ive looked and looked and was unable to find any rear huggers at all. Thanks though, nice to know for the future as my partner fancies the Forza 350.
How do you find the suspension on the sh350i

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

charles1976: still budget suspension I'd surmise, but the ride is better from new than my 2017 Nmax 125 was from new. The telling rides unsurprisingly, are the city roads with their less than perfect surfaces. I am guessing that the bike's weight and my 92kg+ clothing, gives a slightly harsher ride from the front suspension over imperfect city roads. The rear seems plusher than the front; I will soften the rear springs from the standard factory setting of 3 this week. The larger wheels may help the ride though. On smooth tarmac, she rides beautifully of course! Overall though, I'd say the ride is was acceptable and that the forks can iron out dips and rises at slower speeds.
I have to say that the bike lives up to the reports/reviews over the years, of great handling and tracking and gives a confident ride around any holes or bumps in the road in the city, and out on faster A and B roads.
I bought the bike knowing that the biggest compromise may well be the suspension, but in my relatively few 250 miles of ownership I'd have to come back later with more insight of how the bike is suspended, what travel there is in the forks etc.

I've found online, some sites that mention and sell Ohlins for the earlier SH300. 8-)

Beetle
Current Ride: Vespa GTS300

Post by Beetle »

Which would you have chosen if you carried a regular passenger ?, i'm making a similar choice & carry a passenger 90% of the time, as per my recent post I would really like as light as possible, it really makes choosing a bike a lot harder, but at least it really narrows down the choices.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

I'd say it is all about the comfort of both you and your passenger, but I cannot comment on pillion carrying on my SH350 nor the Forza. Though I don't doubt that they'd cope 2 up.
Scootabout's last post on your '..which scoot for 2 up...?' thread is good info IMO, and other's posts about testing etc are enlightening.
I can only add a few comments on my very new SH350 that may help you:-
It may be 'tiny' as Mr G stated, and it is smaller relative to bigger scoots but, it is still a physically larger bike. It immediately made my Nmax 125 feel compact and claustrophobic. I'm 5'11, so not tall at all, and it is a very roomy and comfy scoot, notwithstanding the fact that you do have limited foot room and less ability to move around on that comfy seat with a pillion sat behind you.
It is lighter than most scoots in its class I'd say.
The smoothness of the motor with updated power and torque is an unexpected revelation from Honda, I read that they have added a balancer for 2021.

So, you'll have to sit on a few, move them around a little on the showroom floor, test ride a few, then go for a HONDA in any guise!! :roll:

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

charles 1976, reference that suspension: I've put another 120 miles on it now and I'm thinking that the rear springs are the harsher of the front and rear setup. Not alarmingly harsh, but there nonetheless. I'm going to soften adjust the rears to a softer setting tomorrow.