Forza 350?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
johnakay
Benefactor

Re: Forza 350?

Post by johnakay »

I stand corrected Taiwan it is - Kwan Yang Motor Company. lol
I'll stick with the Forza when the time comes.
thanks for commenting guys.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership

scootabout
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 350

Post by scootabout »

I have the Forza 350 and ride two-up. We're generally touring or days out in the countyside. The Forza is fine, with good acceleration where you need it, so should be suitable for the riding you list. It will also cruise at an indicated 80, but prefers 70-75 mph, partly due to the screen - this doesn't give the almost still air that my Piaggio Beverly 350 with Givi screen did. This will be down to personal preference/height/helmet/etc. One thing I'd point out is that the pillion is seated higher and further back. This gives plenty of room (too much, my pillion says, as she prefers to get up cosy), but this also means that the weight is like having a crate of beer in the topbox when you are down to walking pace (i.e. when filtering). This hasn't been an issue so far, but I've had a couple of moments which were very wobbly. Normal progress is not an issue. I weigh around 11 stone and my pillion around 10 stone.
Fuel consumption isn't badly affected by the extra weight (about -5 mpg) and is more affected by riding speed (worst of 68 mpg thrashed, two-up, cool day. Best of 86 mpg pottering solo on a hot day). You can easily pack all your gear on the bike and hang the helmets on the secure loop provided, then wander round like a civilian.

johnakay
Benefactor

Post by johnakay »

thanks scootabout for info much appreciated.
were are about 7 stone heavier me being the heaviest. wife is 9,5 and me 17.5.
I'm sure the 350 will cope at the speed we'll be traveling at 60--70mph. while out shopping we popped into virtu and had a look at the 125 Forza I believe share the same body.
could sit on it as it was sold but sat on the Forza 750, feels comfy. but luggage space sort of put me off.
getting back to the 350(125) looks bigger than expected which is a good thing.
it'll give me a lot to think about till next year.
there's more going for it than not. no need for top box when going out for a picnic but will either make a back rest or buy for it,
the shop said theres a big waiting list across the country.
there have one coming in a blue one which is a cancelled order.
the guy ordered it but went for the 125 instead.
I said thats fine I dont want it till next year anyway.
If I wanted to make a life-long career out of
working with the mentally retarded I would
have opened a Harley Davidson Dealership