SH 350i bits n bobs

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

SH 350i bits n bobs

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

I'm looking for bits for the SH350.

I'll go for Honda's knuckle guards - when available - £16 8-)

I'm trying to source a mudguard extender for the front, is there anywhere that I should be looking online - new model probably means no new parts in the pipeline yet.

I'm also considering extending the rear hugger with made-up plastics parts, for example a mountainbike 'crud guard thingy' or bicycle 'ass saver'.

Any ideas?

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Re: SH 350i bits n bobs

Post by horobags »

be careful you get the 350 bits, new model, lots will send out 300 bits. Happened to me a few times.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

I got knuckle guards for 14.40 delivered....I also ordered a screen, honda official...its been on order since June!!!!

Knuckle guards are good....suspension is awful I'd love to know if it can be upgraded!!!

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Yep, thanks horobags; I certainly don't want left-on-the-shelf SH300 parts.

charles1976, I wasn't aware you had an Sh300/350. I know what you mean about the suspension - it is limited but I'm not bothered by it. Some of Honda's budget bikes do have 'crashy' front suspension (my 2016 CB500X was utterly crap on bumps and holes, sold the sh*tter on soon after I bought it!). I've softened the rear springs a little from factory, but have been careful to ride around crappy surfaces on the SH in the city. I haven't yet felt any 'crashiness' in the front forks (although I'm not giving the bike opportunities to show me :D) and find the bike lovely and stable on bends and at higher speeds.

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

Yeah got it from hunts in Manchester back in June...getting 78mpg with average riding style I'd say. It's worth the money just for the engine which is an absolute peach. Riding position could be better, the hump in the seat is a little too far forward....have you experienced that ?

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

charles1976 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:57 am Yeah got it from hunts in Manchester back in June...getting 78mpg with average riding style I'd say. It's worth the money just for the engine which is an absolute peach. Riding position could be better, the hump in the seat is a little too far forward....have you experienced that ?
Let's get this right.....you have the 350i?

I have to agree with you, it has a smooth peach of an engine.

I know what you mean with the hump, but I just push my arse up onto the hump and 'dig in'. The seat has a simple design without elaborate stitching, stiffer sides and the hump isn't too deep or tall - if you know what I mean. I just push my arse past it!

I took the bike for a long day's trip 2 weeks ago, and found myself experimenting moving around the seat and riding the rear footpegs too 8-). I did 275 miles of 50% motorway and 50% A/B roads that day! It took everything in its stride - I couln't believe how the bike performed.

I'm contemplating a trip to Wales on it now whilst the weather is holding out, no big mileage days on it though!

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

Impressive distance on a sh in a single day. Good news after 4 months of waiting my honda official windshield will arrive tomorrow whoop!!

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

Do you have a windshield on yours..

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

charles1976 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:36 am Do you have a windshield on yours..
No, not yet. I don't want to rush buying items just yet. I'm enjoying the bike's looks 'naked' and seeing if I can live with riding 'in the wind'. I don't want to discover that a new screen makes the flow turbulent and sticks it right in the middle of my helmet!
Have just come home from a solo tour of north Somerset and Devon. Used Oxford's Aqua bags which werebloody great to use and simple to lash to the bike. Averaged 125 miles a day without any discomfort.

I might put off buying a larger topbox for it now, I'll see how I get on with the Aqua bags.

charles1976

Post by charles1976 »

Fitted my screen today after waiting for it since June...its pretty tall!!! Like a riot 🛡 I'll try it soon and let you know...