Haynes workshop manuals

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Haynes workshop manuals

Post by Data »

Guys, in case anyone is interested, Haynes have a pretty good offer on their manuals at the mo. I just bought an online and actual manual bundle at £40 less £10 discount and another 10% off through a voucher code for just £27 with free 48hr tracked delivery. Normally this costs £40 plus £2.99 delivery. There is a voucher offered straight away on their site just after you accept their cookies and start searching for your bike, for 10% extra off the advertised price. Personally I like the Haynes manuals which over the years have proven to be very accurate and reliable. Amongst my myriad of manufacturers manuals the Haynes ones stack up pretty good and they are a lot less money than the factory ones usually, unless you can get a free download for your bike. I actually have a free download from the factory for my bike and it's not bad but the Haynes manual is much better. Just a thought for anyone wanting a decent manual. ;)

https://haynes.com/en-gb/
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Re: Haynes workshop manuals

Post by smeghead »

Hi Data, this is a good offer. I'm in two minds whether to buy a Royal Enfield Classic so I may need one!

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Not getting rid of the GTS are you Smeg? :o

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

smeghead wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:35 am Hi Data, this is a good offer. I'm in two minds whether to buy a Royal Enfield Classic so I may need one!
sold my classic 3 weeks ago and missing it already. Lots of character, but will not cover ground anywhere near as good as the GTS does.
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

Ouch you just cost me £36 or saved me £30 depending on how you look at it. As well as the generic Clymer Honda Cub manual I couldn't resist the Fordson Super Major one! That's always been my favourite tractor having occasionally driven one as a teenager. Unfortunately its highly unlikely I'll ever drive one again unless I get a big win on a windfall bond.

Thanks for the tip off.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

Data wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:50 pm Not getting rid of the GTS are you Smeg? :o
Not sure, I’m finding it a bit bland. It’s almost too good lol.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Yeah, but bland is good! :lol: I don't miss breaking down by the roadside or dubious handling and roadholding of the various other machines I've had over the years. I love the superb GTS roadholding and handling, the brakes, the ease of servicing and the performance. I love the 90mpg all the time rides, the cheap...ish road tax, the price of service parts. Knowing whatever needs doing to it is easy and cheap to do is just great. But then that's just me... :lol: If you want more excitment try oiling your brakes...lol. You know that's a joke right! :o But I get what you are saying. They don't ever seem to go wrong no matter how you use them do they! They always do what you want of them without any fuss! Could be seen as boring I guess but on the other hand... :lol:

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Manual arrived on second day after ordering. Very happy and the book is superb. I went to bed early...and spent hours furtively slobbering over pictures of the crankshaft and big end. Lovely! I can now add that to my collection of manuals. There are three things that get me excited. Pie & Mash, Workshop Manuals, and...errr we won't talk about the other thing! :shock: :o :lol:

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

smeghead wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:35 am Hi Data, this is a good offer. I'm in two minds whether to buy a Royal Enfield Classic so I may need one!
I think the Classics are pretty good smeg. Reliable and robust is how a mate of mine in Wales describes it who has one. Used everyday too come rain or shine. Looks like shite though as he never cleans it! Probably won't need a manual but it's nice to have one.

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

Hi Data, I’m keeping the GTS. Her indoors brought me to my senses. It’s brisk enough, comfy, clean, easy to use, very simple to keep clean and shiny, economical to run, looks great, reliable, inoffensive, some luggage space, enough for me, it’s a known quantity, I can hop on it and off it goes, no drama. All in all it’s spot on for me. I was drawn in with the romance of an old British bike! Yes I know it’s Indian but you get me.