Haynes workshop manuals

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: Haynes workshop manuals

Post by Data »

I do indeed smeg! We really must meet up sometime. I seem to remember I was going to ride to your area sometime last year so we could meet up for lunch somewhere. But we all know what happened to those plans eh! May be another time and we can compare GTS stories over a bacon butty! I'll even show you pictures of my big end from my workshop manual!! If you are anything like me, that'll excite you! :lol: Seriously though, a meet up would be good if you still fancy it sometime.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Data wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:26 am I do indeed smeg! We really must meet up sometime. I seem to remember I was going to ride to your area sometime last year so we could meet up for lunch somewhere. But we all know what happened to those plans eh! May be another time and we can compare GTS stories over a bacon butty! I'll even show you pictures of my big end from my workshop manual!! If you are anything like me, that'll excite you! :lol: Seriously though, a meet up would be good if you still fancy it sometime.
Yes, a meet up would be nice although difficult lol. I’m either at work or in the caravan having a weekend away!

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Lucky so and so! I mean about the weekends away. It would likely be next year now anyway. I'm in and out of hospital quite a bit at the mo and am going in tomorrow for some more work. In hospital next month too for more work on another body part, and in again after that to restore the vision in my left eye. It's never ending at the mo... :lol: The delights of getting older eh! :o :shock:

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

Data wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:52 am Lucky so and so! I mean about the weekends away. It would likely be next year now anyway. I'm in and out of hospital quite a bit at the mo and am going in tomorrow for some more work. In hospital next month too for more work on another body part, and in again after that to restore the vision in my left eye. It's never ending at the mo... :lol: The delights of getting older eh! :o :shock:
Crickey, are you going the full bionic man? Next year sounds good….. let me see now…..
Various parts are wearing out on me too, heart stent after heart attack 3 years ago and a new hip December 2019. Good luck in hospital mate.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Thanks smeg. I remember you having the heart issue. Hoping that's cleared up now with no after effects. I have asked about becoming bionic and they said that's fine but the wait is longer for that. I was in hospital yesterday only to be told I need to come in for some more surgery. Not too serious but on top of the forthcoming back surgery with around 4-6 months rehab afterwards, and eye surgery, it's getting a bit trying. But there are worse things. Got to say the nhs is as ever doing a good job. Didn't have to wait long for any of the appointments, although getting to see the spinal surgeon has taken the longest (5 months). I'm not complaining though. The guy was saving folks lives for over a year at the peak of the covid outbreak. Amazing! ;)

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

Sorry to hear you’re facing more surgery Data, I’m sure it will go well. Yes, the nhs has been pushed for a while, having said that our doctors have done very few face to face appointments this last 18m.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Yes, the face to face time with a doctor has been non existent almost unless you are about to die. But our local surgery has been seeing us face to face now for the last couple of months or so and it's been fine. Don't have to book an appointment, just turn up before 10am and take a seat. They guarantee you will be seen by a doctor. So it's not bad now. Currently the covid situation in our local trust hospitals is not so good. The ICU is full of mostly younger people aged between 26-48yrs of age, all unvaccinated, nearly all with covid. Some won't survive. We have a large number of nhs workers as neighbours and friends, one who is head of nursing for the trust. She tells me it's so unnecessary. Just a couple of jabs would stop this non sense. Lets hope more and more folks take the jab if they can.

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Grandaughter 7 just been off school with it back tomorrow. I've just booked trip to Algarve on scooter in November hoping get booster before I go.

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

Data wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:50 am Yes, the face to face time with a doctor has been non existent almost unless you are about to die. But our local surgery has been seeing us face to face now for the last couple of months or so and it's been fine. Don't have to book an appointment, just turn up before 10am and take a seat. They guarantee you will be seen by a doctor. So it's not bad now. Currently the covid situation in our local trust hospitals is not so good. The ICU is full of mostly younger people aged between 26-48yrs of age, all unvaccinated, nearly all with covid. Some won't survive. We have a large number of nhs workers as neighbours and friends, one who is head of nursing for the trust. She tells me it's so unnecessary. Just a couple of jabs would stop this non sense. Lets hope more and more folks take the jab if they can.
You obviously have a better system for seeing doctors than we do, no face to face here. The covid situation is ridiculous. People who will not have a vaccine should be left to rot in a hole somewhere. Harsh but they are fools.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

I have sympathy for those that are genuinely frightened and not sure about them and of course those that have medical exemptions. But those who use Facebook as medical journal, anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists I have no time for.

Your doctors are better than mine Ian, but in the wider world I suppose my one isn't too bad. Just suffering from the lack of GP's like any surgery.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125