Haynes workshop manuals

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Re: Haynes workshop manuals

Post by Data »

Quite agree smeg! I've known so many die from this plague and 4 of them from my extended family. But they died before the vaccine was available. The youngest was 46 and completely fit and healthy. He only lasted 3 weeks in icu. The others were 56, 67 and 78. None of them with any real health issues prior to covid.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

mottza wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:42 am I have sympathy for those that are genuinely frightened and not sure about them and of course those that have medical exemptions. But those who use Facebook as medical journal, anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorists I have no time for.

Your doctors are better than mine Ian, but in the wider world I suppose my one isn't too bad. Just suffering from the lack of GP's like any surgery.
Same as you Chris, just don't have time for anti-vaxxers. Unfortunately one of my sisters is in the grip of an anti-vaxxer group and I can't get her away from them. I've tried everything. They've even persuaded her not to take the flu jab as "you don't know what's in it". They have really filled her head full of lies and misinformation. So fate will take it's course this winter.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

That must be so frustrating Ian! The flu season is expected to be nasty this winter.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Anti vaxxers are just plain wrong, I blame social media for lots of ills in the world today. A readily available platform to spout untruths from. I used to see people with calipers on their legs when I was a kid, polio victims. I never see this now because of vaccines, smallpox is the same. My brother had covid in the early days, April 2020, he narrowly avoided a ventilator thank goodness but was 7 days on oxygen in hospital. He still has symptoms of long covid. I hope your sister sees sense before it's too late for her.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Me too smeg. But I doubt she will change her mind about anything. She is normally a very smart, intelligent person (takes after me of course...lol) but for some reason she has become dumb on this one. My doc is furious with her as she works in private social care. I call her criminal. She could infect someone even though she is regularly tested. And lets no forget it's the unvaccinated that are keeping the pandemic going and creating the new variants that put us all at risk. :( Sorry to hear about your sister...hoping she recovers soon.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

mottza wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:49 pm That must be so frustrating Ian! The flu season is expected to be nasty this winter.
It is Chris! So frustrating...and the flu is very scary too.

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

I'm jabbed for the flu, I have one every year. I'm now waiting to hear about the covid booster, which I will have when I can.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Same situation for me to smeg. Got my flu jab this afternoon and just got to wait for another couple of weeks to get my covid booster.

smeghead
Benefactor

Post by smeghead »

Data wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:10 am Same situation for me to smeg. Got my flu jab this afternoon and just got to wait for another couple of weeks to get my covid booster.
Me too, my last covid jab was 22nd April. I had a quick look at the NHS booking portal yesterday but it wouldn't let me book yet.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

smeg, I had my last covid shot April 27th! You know, our lives are so alike! That's aside from the fact we ride pretty much the same bikes. :lol: