Haynes workshop manuals

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Re: Haynes workshop manuals

Post by smeghead »

Data wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:58 am smeg, I had my last covid shot April 27th! You know, our lives are so alike! That's aside from the fact we ride pretty much the same bikes. :lol:
Lol, a brother from another mother.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Exactly! :lol: Hey bro... ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

on a good note, my 15yr old son will get his vaccine tonight, after the school based scheme failed. My booster is due on Nov 6. No sign of the flu jab yet.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Chris, I didn't hear anything this year about when I was to get the flu jab. So curious, I yesterday morning phoned my surgery asking about it. The receptionist immediately came back with an appointment for 2pm yesterday! Shocked or what! Got stabbed in the arm, and of course, needed an ambulance to get me home where I'm now resting comfortably with my wife looking after me with ice cream, beer, turning the pages of a bike magazine, changing tv channels for me etc etc...my recovery could go on for sometime. :lol: Might be a good idea to phone your surgery to see what's going on. Mine couldn't explain why I hadn't been contacted.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Data wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:14 am Chris, I didn't hear anything this year about when I was to get the flu jab. So curious, I yesterday morning phoned my surgery asking about it. The receptionist immediately came back with an appointment for 2pm yesterday! Shocked or what!
You managed to contact your surgery????? Round here, it'd be easier to contact the dead! I keep waiting to hear something about my Flu/booster jabs, but nothing yet.

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Just had text to book flu jab booked wife in on same web page it said once get invite for covid will be offered flu as well so I'm hanging on .On Sunday it's 6 months from last one so should be soon .

Whatsisname
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K5

Post by Whatsisname »

Joining in, My second Covid jab was in April too! The booster is tomorrow, and the Flu-jab was last Friday. I hate standing in the queue in the surgery though, the place is full of old people, and I blend right in!
I wake up every morning with a smile upon my face,
My natural exuberance spills out all over the place!

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

Data wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:14 am Chris, I didn't hear anything this year about when I was to get the flu jab. So curious, I yesterday morning phoned my surgery asking about it. The receptionist immediately came back with an appointment for 2pm yesterday! Shocked or what! Got stabbed in the arm, and of course, needed an ambulance to get me home where I'm now resting comfortably with my wife looking after me with ice cream, beer, turning the pages of a bike magazine, changing tv channels for me etc etc...my recovery could go on for sometime. :lol: Might be a good idea to phone your surgery to see what's going on. Mine couldn't explain why I hadn't been contacted.
We had our flu jabs a few weeks ago, I booked them at the local chemist when I picked a prescription up ages ago. I cannot be arsed with the doctors, they are useless. I've had the flu jab at a chemist for years now.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

I must be lucky: on Monday I had a text from my surgery inviting me to make an appointment for my flu jab. I'm going next Thursday - the appointment is at 11.32!
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

smeghead wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:24 am
Data wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:14 am Chris, I didn't hear anything this year about when I was to get the flu jab. So curious, I yesterday morning phoned my surgery asking about it. The receptionist immediately came back with an appointment for 2pm yesterday! Shocked or what! Got stabbed in the arm, and of course, needed an ambulance to get me home where I'm now resting comfortably with my wife looking after me with ice cream, beer, turning the pages of a bike magazine, changing tv channels for me etc etc...my recovery could go on for sometime. :lol: Might be a good idea to phone your surgery to see what's going on. Mine couldn't explain why I hadn't been contacted.
We had our flu jabs a few weeks ago, I booked them at the local chemist when I picked a prescription up ages ago. I cannot be arsed with the doctors, they are useless. I've had the flu jab at a chemist for years now.
Like you I've been mostly getting my flu jab from the pharmacy over the years but they are having issues getting the vaccine for over 65's. Wife who is younger than me had her flu jab 2 weeks ago at the pharmacy. They have plenty of the stuff for under 65's. Usually my surgery normally still contacts me about the flu jab so I have a choice of where to go. Since they had plenty of the over 65's jabs this year I took that offer up. I'd like to support my local surgery every year but flu jab days requires queuing outside often for ages which isn't very convenient or pleasant so that's why I resorted to the pharmacy most years. So I was quite surprised when they offered me an immediate appointment for that day over the phone to get the flu jab at the surgery.