Honda X Adv. 750

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Z750Jay
Current Ride: Vstrom 1000

Honda X Adv. 750

Post by Z750Jay »

Once again I may be drifting into the realms of scooters as I am tempted by the 2021 X Adv 750 so need to ask a few questions. But first a bit of background.
After an accident forced me into the big scooter world and a Burgman 650 I had a three year love/hate relationship with it. Loved the feet forward, weather protection, and all the goodies it came with. Hated the auto box (rode everywhere in Manual mode) and pogoing rear suspension and Suzuki’s ability to rust. Three years of physiotherapy and my back was up to trying “real” bikes again so part ex’d the Burg for a Vstrom 1000. Main idea was to see how I got on with it over a year and if my back could cope. Had it now just over two years and it looks as if it is just not meant to be. It is great for mile munching long trips but just too heavy for me to pull off the centre stand without causing my back to spasm. I also found I kept trying to get into that feet forward position I found so comfortable.
So as I prefer to have a “proper” engine rather than an Uber set of elastic bands the two Honda 750’s will be getting a good look at very soon.
For both the Forza and X Adv 750’s
First question is, how do tall riders over 6’1” find them?

Second is, how do pillions get on with them

And lastly, how well does the Givi luggage fit? (I have a Givi Outback 58 ltr topbox and a set of 37 ltr panniers I would like to fit)

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Re: Honda X Adv. 750

Post by charles1976 »

I can say from trying both the forza 750 has the more comfortable feet forward position by far. The x adv just has much smaller grooves for your feet but there simply too small.... try them you'll soon see!!!

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I haven't tried the current version of the X-ADV, though I test rode the original. In one sense it will suit someone over 6' as the seat is very high, and being of only medium height, the ground felt a long way away when I went to put my foot down! The X-ADV isn't really a foot-forward sort of scoot. It is slightly, but nothing like the legs out in front position of a Tmax or Burger. That said, whilst I'm used to the Tmax I found the X-ADV to have a very natural riding position, and I'd probably find it comfortable long term. On other aspects, I thought the DCT transmission was going to be the best thing since sliced bread, but the reality is that a simple rubber band system actually works remarkably well, though if you are used to manual transmissions, I guess a CVT will always feel odd!

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

I have ridden the older integra and 2018 x adv, feet forward kills my back especially if knees are above hip line, i am 6ft and had to sell my scoot as back and bad coccyx pain does not go well with the hand/feet outstretched position for me anymore as everything is projected to your arse and spine, i did not like my experience of the integra as although roomier the position was still the same, the X adv was much better as being taller and if you buy the optional bigger footpegs you can stand up to stretch and take some of the suspension duties through the legs, my pal had one of those inflatable seat cushions with mesh cover on his and did 915 miles round Scotland on an all day marathon ride and swore by it, i love scooters but the pain has put me off them, out of work now as had suspected heart attack after work 2 month ago, just had open heart surgery and 2 new valves 2 weeks ago so i will not be riding until next year now if i am lucky, but i look forward to trying the new Xadv when i can to compare with previous bike but knowing my body i need something much lighter and taller to enjoy it so who knows what i get, still might be a car yet.
Dezzie

horobags
Benefactor
Current Ride: RE 350 classic vision 110

Post by horobags »

hope you get well soon Dezzie, take it easy. thumb.gif
Im not a gynecologist, but I dont mind taking a look.

bikerdezzie
Current Ride: skyteam dax

Post by bikerdezzie »

Cheers mate i am getting there slowly!
Dezzie

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

Dezzie, I’d swop your position for mine any day….I’ve got 9 stents having had two h/a’s and another heart problem not far off causing my unable to walk or drive condition that I’ve had since last October and have not been referred to Papworth because my valves are not considered bad enough.
I just look forward to being able to ride my Helix and drive again asap but cant expect much help at 84.

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Jay…..I enjoyed all my 650 Burgers,but as you say heavy,in 2018 i got a new X-ADV to run alongside my Tmax,i enjoyed the DCT gearbox on my test ride,which was one of the reasons i brought it,really nice,mainly used sports one,i found the underseat storage lacking,so got a top box on mine,although the screen is manually adjustable is easily done in seconds and a taller aftermarket screen is available,feet forward is a no no,i am 5’7’…..had it for over 3 years and chopped both bikes in June 2021 for a new Honda Forza 750,obviously I can’t tell how comfortable a six footer will find the Forza,but its good for me,feet forward is is comfortable,the DCT has been updated throughout the DCT range and is improved in my humble opinion,i must admit Honda failed on lack of electric screen and cruise control,(but i guess that’ll come in a revamp,especially if they read the forums & reviews)i have a top box and recently got Honda panniers,i would say your Givi boxes will fit,but you would obviously need the appropriate fitting racks,remember both X-ADV & Forza 750 are 235-237 kgs,some 40 kgs lighter than the Burger,but still a heavy beast,i like the colours on the new X-ADV,the colours on Forza are not so good,i got a black one,the dark jjeans blue is the other colour in the UK,although my mate got a Candy Red Forza,the performance of the 750 is very good,Honda’s are dear,but i find the build quality good,engines are pretty bulletproof….
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"