2021 Sym joymax 300

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 18446

2021 Sym joymax 300

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Alternative to forza and xmax if bit shorter in the leg.

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Re: 2021 Sym joymax 300

Post by Sylar »

If you want it "Longer in the leg" go for the Cruisym300, i did three years ago and now at 45,000km and loving it more each day.

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Just looked at 2021 cruisym which sym uk not importing .Has new digital dash looks good .

Sylar

Post by Sylar »

I have seen videos on you tube of the 2021 cruisym, only difference is, electronic dash (for for setting Km or MPH) and Traction control. I see no point in this traction control on a two wheeler, so would not induce me to buy. The Cruisym has the same 300i engine as the Joymax and is very striaght forward to service and maintain.

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Post by StephenC »

Actually I would argue that traction control is a useful addition.

I've had it on the Xmax and the Forza and a couple of times it has come on and sorted what I guess could have been a dodgy bit of weaving around at the back wheel.

And anyway, given how easy it is to include amongst all the other software, why wouldn't you? The hardware needed is already present.
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

charles1976
Current Ride: shopping around

Post by charles1976 »

Awful uncomfortable leg position on forza 350

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Sylar wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:29 pm I have seen videos on you tube of the 2021 cruisym, only difference is, electronic dash (for for setting Km or MPH) and Traction control. I see no point in this traction control on a two wheeler, so would not induce me to buy. The Cruisym has the same 300i engine as the Joymax and is very striaght forward to service and maintain.
Sylar, I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss traction control on a two wheeler. I have it on my GTS300ie along with abs. It's fantastic. On Mottza's pie and mash run recently Stibbs and me rode the route with Mottza along some very wet and muddy county roads for mile after mile. Bikes looked like shite afterwards, but got to say my traction control kicked in several times on some surfaces especially when accelerating on wet gravel & cornering and it was very confidence inspiring. The GTS has a lot of power especially in the low to midrange rev area and it's easy to be caught out on some of these slower slippery roads where the gravel, mud and wet conspire against you. Like many on here I'm an experienced rider and didn't expect the TC to be coming in that often. The fact it did was in many ways quite comforting and it was largely unobtrusive. Was it actually needed that day, probably not because we were riding within the bounds of the conditions and at no time did it feel unstable or dodgy, but it just made things that bit safer. To be fair it's only ever kicked in a couple of times in the five years I've had the bike "in anger". But I'm impressed with it. Not as good as the TC on BMW's but the newer GTS HPE has a different algorithm running the system making it's presence felt slightly less abrupt if you take a bit handfull.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Sylar

Post by Sylar »

In the conditions you describe Data i would think it was a definate benefit, i have never had a bike with traction control, so i have no knowledge of it's benefits. I ride mainly on country lanes that are tarmacked or main A and B roads. Riding on dirt tracks and getting muddy is for much younger people.