Sagalout tours first trip Algarve now October 2022

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 18446

Re: Sagalout tours first trip Algarve

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

It's looking good at moment had text from doctors to book in for booster on 13th November. Found a guy recommended to do timing belt on the trafic next Monday and change engine n gearbox oil. No history of it being done and if that snaps it wrecks engine .It drove fine up m5 steady 60 mph 2k revs from Taunton.Its a 2004 with
240 k on clock so don't want to push the old girl .Re masks on train I'd say 25 /30 % with I didn't but had one in bag just incase .Train was packed as well

Deleted User 18446

Had my covid booster getting van back tomorrow had timing belt /pump kit so be okay for 5 years .Needs gearbox refurb as well .I did buy with faults

Will be winter trip in New year I think or March if wife wants to come.

Deleted User 18446

I had proper chesty cough after Pfizer booster jab was getting over it then wife had same which I think has taken me longer to get over it .Nearly there taking van in next week for gear box bearings a week late .Wife has agreed to winter trip so off in van end January booked apartment in Algarve for a week driving down from Santander. While she's away with her sisters in May going again on my own on Tmax bit of touring and weeks base in apartment again. Ordered load of brake parts for tmax and going to have valve check when it goes in for MOT .Spend a bit to get few more years out of it rather than running it in to the ground .

Deleted User 18446

Apartment on Algarve £185 for a week in winter inland few miles from Albuferia and coast but only 4 mile to an Aldi .Not far from good toll free road that runs up and down the coast .Just hope have smooth crossing to Santander and wife likes it .

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Didn't have a cough after Pfizer booster jab, but weird woozy feeling and usual muscle aches! Very strange all round this covid!

iansoady
Current Ride: X-Max 250 + Norton ES2

Post by iansoady »

Slightly sore arm and muscle aches (but they were probably there before) after the booster. Nothing after the first 2. The booster was applied by someone who seemed less experienced than the earlier ones.

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

I, too, suffered similar discomfort after the booster coupled with feeling a bit drained for a couple of days.
It passed in due course.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

The trip sounds exciting Sagalout.

I'm triple jabbed now too. Astrazenica for the first two and Pfizer for the booster. Only slight side effect I had was from the first Astra jab. Got a slight temperature during the night which woke me up as I was shivering. I thought I was cold but wife said I was starting to burn up which makes you feel cold of course. Advice is to take paracetamol to reduce temp which I did and 30-40 mins later I was back to normal. Apparently, if you get a reaction like mine it means you've had a good reaction to the vaccine. And yeah, I know, no one ever calls me normal if they know me!! :lol:
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Deleted User 18446

Guy who jabbed me said may get flu like symptoms .I had burning arm and a lump with Astra first one was worst. They have updated the NHS App now shows booster I've also sent off for another 2 paper copies of covid pass .

Deleted User 18446

More travel woes my getaway van is biting me just had it back from gearbox guy needed new clutch and a new driveshaft cost nearly double ouch .He did say on test drive clutch didn't feel right .Drives lovely now quiet in all gears but while was there it started leaking around water pump area .So it's going back to guy did timing belt and pump kit on Wednesday .Gearbox knocked hole in holiday money 💰 .I brought cheap van needed work so was a risk. Drives great now tho and clutch so light now.Then we have the new virus is an unknown at moment. I have until 29th December to cancel accommodation with no charge and can change ferry online easy enough. Due out on 25th January. With what spent on it now will keep it longer so having it rust proofed .

Sagalout tour 2 is booked for May on tmax while wife away I succumbed to a black Friday accom deal that's also on ferry to Spain 🇪🇸. Place I've been before few times but never on my own on big scoot .