Tmax check engine light

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Tmax
Current Ride: Tmax

Tmax check engine light

Post by Tmax »

My check engine light is came on yesterday morning for no reason (or there is?) It’s a 2018 Tmax and running well can’t feel any difference now and before. I’ve disconnected the battery over night but next day came on again.
Is anybody experienced this and know how to reset the light?
Thanks in advance.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: Tmax check engine light

Post by MrGrumpy »

Its warning you of something! There's a fault somewhere - not sure if you can get it to display the fault code yourself and what that code might mean, or whether you need to take it to the dealer. It might come on for a fairly trivial reason or something bigger. There may not be an obvious problem - I've had the light come on for when the speedo sensor and the Lambda sensor failed.

Tmax
Current Ride: Tmax

Post by Tmax »

Got the results last night when we plugged it into the computer.
Here’s the list of faults:
- abs front sensor
- abs rear sensor
- traction control
- fuel injection
- O2 sensor
- cruise control
Bike doesn’t even have cruise control!!
So we did a reset on everything and 150km later still working perfectly no lights came back again.
Guessing it had a short term brain diarrhoea…🧠

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Pretty random!! The abs and traction control sensors might be linked, but the 02 sensor is quite different. Does sound like a glitch. There again, when the O2 (Lambda) sensor failed on mine, the workshop managed to clear it, but the fault reappeared shortly afterwards. You never know with these things whether the actual thing has a fault, or the sensor that detects faults has a fault!

EvilRacer329
Current Ride: Yamaha T-Max DX

Post by EvilRacer329 »

My guess? Low battery voltage or something, which would then mean low voltage on a bunch of sensors, each of which would log as its own fault. Could be that the battery is a little tired and the voltage dropped too low during the starting process?

Nick