Indicator bulbs?

barryG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300 SS

Indicator bulbs?

Post by barryG »

Does anyone know how to change the front and rear indicator bulbs on a 400? Nothing in the manual (thanks Suzuki) and cant find owt on the internet.

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Re: Indicator bulbs?

Post by Bluebottle »

Rear is easy - the body panels pull straight off the rear
The highest top rear centre panel first (between the lights and handles, usually says Suzuki on it) gives you access to stop/tail
then the one below gets you into the indicators.
They are pretty robust and the clips are good.

The front is harder, someone with patience andslim hands might be able to get in there from the wheel well -otherwise there is a lot of tupperware to remove or at least displace
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

barryG
Benefactor

Post by barryG »

Thanks, I did try and get to the fronts but I have no patience and massive hands! Hmm, I do however have a good mate with little hands :P

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Take it to Halfords, they do a very cheap bulb fitting service.

barryG
Benefactor

Post by barryG »

If you think Id let anything of mine near those half witted morons at Halfords :lol: no way! Also, the prices they charge for bulbs is horrendous, they aint called Halfrauds for nowt!

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Yep, £3.49 for a pair of Bosch indicator bulbs is a horrendous price and how much damage can they do with you standing over them supervising? :roll:

barryG
Benefactor

Post by barryG »

Actually Im after the silver finish bulbs that flash orange..... Halfords near me want £14 for two. Local shop with proper knowledgable man want £9 and internet..... around a fiver. Halfords also charge £6.99 to fit one bulb so two indicators I want would be £28..... now THATS horrendous in my book clever clogs :lol:

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Daft looking silver bulbs that flash orange for a fiver... now that's horrendous, especially as you are taking out perfectly good working bulbs to fit them.
As Ian Dury famously sang, what a waste.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Post by SH125Paul »

gn2 wrote:Daft looking silver bulbs that flash orange for a fiver... now that's horrendous...
As Ian Dury famously sang, what a waste.
:lol:

barryG
Benefactor

Post by barryG »

Its all about style GN2, something you obviously dont appreciate :lol: Silver bulbs get rid of the fried egg look of bright orange ones.