Burgman 650 bar end weights

Francley40
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Burgman 650 bar end weights

Post by Francley40 »

Hiya,

Has anyone tried riding without them? Or is this suicidal?
How about lighter ones to sharpen up the steering a bit?

Thanks, Chris.
I ride, therefore I am.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Re: Burgman 650 bar end weights

Post by poldark »

I changed for lighter ones and felt it improved handling significantly, although I didn't often use the topbox and would intentionally put anything heavy under the seat, so loss of weight wasn't a risk.

The original ones also seem to work loose quite easily, these are what I used - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350301926423? ... 1438.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Surely just a change of end weights can't make that much of a difference, can it? How does that work?
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

Well I guess like many things it could be imagined improvement but by comparison to the OEM heavy weights an aftermarket lighter set changes the speed and ease with which you're able to move the handlebars around.

That in turn means direction changes are quicker, though clearly the suspension and geometry are unchanged so it is perhaps fairer to say it feels significantly improved and more nimble.

Given I was unhappy with the OEM bar ends, because they seem to work loose too easily and the replacement set were very little cost and were easier to tighten, it's potentially a cheap change to make.

The B650 is very front heavy with the engine placement so I don't believe there's much danger lightening the bar ends.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

What i found with one of my 650's loaded up for a Euro tour was, steering did not like sitting at 40-ish,,,wobbled like mad.
What was even more scary was slowing down from warp speed on motorway, as the bike passed the 40-ish speed i almost got tossed off the bugger.
Bought standard ends from a dealer in Germany to continue the trip...
Take care....
PS: was ok if not loaded up.