Suzuki intend recall on Burgman 400 K8 (juddering

el burgman
Current Ride: can-am spyder RT

Suzuki intend recall on Burgman 400 K8 (juddering

Post by el burgman »

Spoke to suzuki today regarding my K8 juddering and vibrating at low speeds and they informed me that they are in the process of implementing a recall on the K8 as regards to the juddering and vibration at low speeds.
It would appear they intend to replace the clutch arm as they think this will solve the problem.
So, anybody with a 400 K8 should expect to receive a recall letter anytime after this week.
In the meantime, i was informed that if i wish to go to my dealer before i receive the recall notice, to get my dealer to phone the Suzuki Tech Team who will be aware of the problem and recall. They will inform them what parts are needed and how to perform the replacement.
If you wish to confirm this for yourself, phone Suzuki Customer Services on this number:- 0500 011959
I will let you know how i get on with mine as soon as it is done.

Colin Stubbs

Re: Suzuki intend recall on Burgman 400 K8 (juddering

Post by Colin Stubbs »

I've had this update done by Suzuki prior to the official recall. Don't believe the Suzuki hype. It will not totally fix the juddering at low speed as mine still judders but not as badly. It doesn't howl anymore when the clutch slips.

What you will probably find is that you will to apply more revs before the clutch engages.

I can't remember the exact bits replaced but it was the clutch housing, new pads and a washer on the transmission which alters the amount of revs you need to give it before it engages. Similarly, it doesn't disengage so quiclky either.

I haven't yet signed up for BROGB so if the nice person who's running it would like to add me to the list that would be great.

colin stubbs (Hull)

Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Thought it was THull.... :lol:

Do you know Big Al?. shitting-it.gif

Deleted User 83

Post by Deleted User 83 »

I just called Suz on the above number, and there are NO plans for a recall, he said they have had a few queries about it, aparently it was a dealer who said it and Suz have spoken to the dealer about it.
I asked about a squeal fix, he said to speak to the dealer about it.

el burgman
Current Ride: can-am spyder RT

Post by el burgman »

Hi Ratty
I was told by suzuki uk that there is going to be a recall on the K8s. I am stunned that they have told you otherwise :shock: I will phone them back up on monday and get them to confirm the recall again.
The man i spoke to knew all about the problem with the K8s. He told me all about the problem without me telling him anything. I will post here again on monday evening and advise further.

Deleted User 83

Post by Deleted User 83 »

See if they have any sort of reference or something for the recall, my burg is due a service, so i'd like to get it sorted all in one go, be a lot easier if i can tell them to speak to suz about ref <whatever>

The guy i spoke to said that if i had an issue to speak to the dealer about it, he kinda gave me the impression he thought i had a 1 off problem, but we all know its a major 'feature' affecting loads of burgers, he was adamant about the no recall, but i find it hard to believe they don't know about the prob.

nothing Here or Here yet, but i don;t know how quick they update, they are gov sites so updates should be within the same decade lol

Ginger Phil
Benefactor

Post by Ginger Phil »

Ratty wrote:he was adamant
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of!

Harry
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K8

Post by Harry »

el burgman wrote:Spoke to suzuki today regarding my K8 juddering and vibrating at low speeds and they informed me that they are in the process of implementing a recall on the K8 as regards to the juddering and vibration at low speeds.
It would appear they intend to replace the clutch arm as they think this will solve the problem.
So, anybody with a 400 K8 should expect to receive a recall letter anytime after this week.
In the meantime, i was informed that if i wish to go to my dealer before i receive the recall notice, to get my dealer to phone the Suzuki Tech Team who will be aware of the problem and recall. They will inform them what parts are needed and how to perform the replacement.
If you wish to confirm this for yourself, phone Suzuki Customer Services on this number:- 0500 011959
I will let you know how i get on with mine as soon as it is done.
Is anyone awaer of any more progress on a recall to 08 models in the UK please?
I recently replaced my 2000 model with a 2008 one. I have the judder! It would be helpful to have any updates please.
Thanks

bornagainbiker
Current Ride: Honda Forza 300

Post by bornagainbiker »

Check directly via the Suzuki Warranty page. If they have an official recall or warranty issue on any model it 'should' let you know? Just enter your Vin and Reg number.

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/my-suzuki/warranty/
2018 Honda Forza 300 Daelim S3 Advance 250 Piaggio Fly 125 3v Burgman 650 L1 Burgman 400 K8

Harry
Current Ride: Burgman 400 K8

Post by Harry »

bornagainbiker wrote:Check directly via the Suzuki Warranty page. If they have an official recall or warranty issue on any model it 'should' let you know? Just enter your Vin and Reg number.

http://www.suzuki-gb.co.uk/my-suzuki/warranty/
Thanks for that. I checked and was told "Nothing outstanding" for my bike. Your help was much appreciated!
Harry