15,000 Service 650 exec

davethexton

15,000 Service 650 exec

Post by davethexton »

Hi, I have just had rear tyre and pads done on my 650 exec 2010, and made the mistake of enquiring how much the next (15,000) service is, and was quoted between £500 and £600 quid - Suzuki main dealer, apparently it is a top off the engine and clearances check, seems a bit excessive! Anyone any experience, am I being taken for a spin?

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Re: 15,000 Service 650 exec

Post by Dave Weller »

All service schedules are only a guide, if the motor is running fine and oil changes are done, why should the cam, shims and buckets want inspecting, the chances are that you stand more chance of problems if it's taken apart just to check the gaps. My 650 is coming up to 2 years and I will be doing all my own work on it, only replacing parts when needed and always using quality parts and oils.
However the price quoted sounds about right, it is quite a big job to get to the tappets, even some bikes now need the engine out to work on the head, such is the price we pay for high tech machines, my old Triumph takes about 5 minutes, made with inspection covers and maintainence in mind, no service schedules in those days.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i