pgo trex 125 anyone tried one

For members who own little scooters.
rio
Current Ride: PGO t rex 125

pgo trex 125 anyone tried one

Post by rio »

Just bought a cheap toy to play with. After my piaggio x9 250, then my peugoet elystar 150 i find myself drawn to small light scoots without the fuel injected,engine managed immobiliser free non antilock braked models.
Nothing wrong with the electronic controls on newish scooters but as mine is just for messing about with i buy older ones which can suffer from water damage and people fiddling bypassing things. The cost of replacing components , if available ,can be scary too for a tight wad like me.
Anyhoo anyone out there own a pgo which i belive the itallians from piaggio paired up with a taiwanese company to produce. Hence the name PiaGgiO
Since working on it i am pleasantly surprised.It handles well ,easily lifts onto the mainstand,fits an open face helmet under the seat , has a rev counter ,
It reaches 60mph and is nippy at the lights. All in all for a 2010 model im happy.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Re: pgo trex 125 anyone tried one

Post by capitano »

PGO had an enviable reputation in the USA where they teamed up with a States-based scooter spares company and sold their scooters under the Genuine brand name.

If I remember correctly, the company was Illinois based, but had great sales and a great reputation in all States.

rio
Current Ride: PGO t rex 125

Re: pgo trex 125 anyone tried one

Post by rio »

Thanks for the info, i had a look for genuine buddy scooters on you tube and they look a bit more retro than mine but all the engine and running gear is the same. One other good point is the kick start as well as the electric start. I would have loved one on the old peugoet elystar which had an intermittent gremlin in the electronics. It would spin over but not fire,eventually flatten the battery. A quick charge and it would fire up 1st time. Luckily it never happened on the road side. Scooter came with a huge top box with a built in brake light . The rear carrier is hinged to allow access to the fuel cap under a lockable flap. It doesnt have a lockable glove box like my old vespa T5 but has a large pocket for gloves,rags,water etc.