Dont let Jaz see this

For members who own little scooters.
Deleted User 7077

Re: Dont let Jaz see this

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I came across a Brummie with lexmoto chieftain on you tube 2018 exhaust cracked had it welded
and brought new one also hanger bracket was cracked .He did say been hammering it on motorway .Was on about warranty on spares 30 days from purchase the new exhaust he brought but not fitted already out of warranty. I'd me more concerned if he was from Black Country we have no sympathy with Brummies lol .

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Has been maxi tours wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:46 am I came across a Brummie with lexmoto chieftain on you tube 2018 exhaust cracked had it welded
and brought new one also hanger bracket was cracked .He did say been hammering it on motorway .Was on about warranty on spares 30 days from purchase the new exhaust he brought but not fitted already out of warranty. I'd me more concerned if he was from Black Country we have no sympathy with Brummies lol .
If it's this guy, full marks for actually staying awake to hear any facts. His theory of checking stock levels of spare parts on the online store to indicate a problem is a tad unscientific, to say the least. :lol:

Deleted User 7077

They are a bit slow brummies not as dynamic like Black Country people are .

Deleted User 7077

Heres a Black Country guy with one of the last of carb ones.Taking it for its first mot
Spot the Black Country flag sticker on the front in couple of clips.
I think I've shown him before.Bit of Stourbridge then he heads out on our link to M5 hes heading to dealer in Northfield Brum
[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]

Deleted User 7077

Theres a bit of artistic license in that video .He says going up dual carriage way from Stourbridge to dealer in Northfield then cuts to bit of country lane which is back road way to Northfield from Halesowen via Frankley .Probably way he normally goes. I know road very well as worked on a school in Frankley 45 years ago putting heating in used to go up there in the Anglia lol

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

capitano wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:28 am
Jaz wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:57 pm
I did LOL at the bit where it had to have a new exhaust because the owner had drilled a hole in the old one to make it go faster :lol:
That was happening when I was 16 and judging by what I hear every f***ing day,it still happens. It's probably the same gene pool that refer to acceleration as, "excel." :lol:
It happened when I was a kid 70 years ago, later in my fire service career I scraped them of the tarmac on the bend in the ‘Mad Mile’ - many times....!

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Ralph
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300

Post by Ralph »

A friend had a BMW R850R that had done about 50,000 miles, it had never had a oil change or clean for that matter,
he got the oil filter off after a near fight to the death and changed the oil, alas to late for the main bearings that
rumbled away to themselves but it carried on running.
Another a currier had a Honda super 4 400 Japanese market model that had 240,000 miles on the clock, the paint
had rubbed off were his clothing had rubbed, only thing it had add was a new wiring loom as the org one had rubbed
through on the frame, I don't know what his maintenance plan was but it was still amazing especially for such a high
revving engine.
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood
Yamaha X-max 300
Ariel NG 350
AJS Model 18S.

icon_maxi_scoot.gif

Pandrop
Benefactor
Current Ride: Bonneville_Fireblade_Helix

Post by Pandrop »

These chinese bikes are exact copies of Japanese bikes tbh (same as everything else) so they will work for a certain period of time without maintenance. My Helix is 31 years old and has spent however long sat unloved outside on a farm, blathered in crap and feathers, burnt by the sun ...and its still in amazing condition for all that time and abuse -the build quality is exceptional, as to be expected from Honda. Plus ive never knowingly supported the CCP by buying chinese products ...especially now .

Jimo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 92 Helix

Post by Jimo »

4154 - Jazz, Come out from that ‘deleted user’ mark its no credit to you at all, If you want to go then GO!

Jim
‘82 Honda Lead 80, '84 Lead 125, ‘94 Honda Helix, ‘79 Honda ST70

Deleted User 18446

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

I think he already has gone Jimo