ACU national Rally - July 6/7 19

This is the place to organize a meet or tell us about a forthcoming show
Stumpy 32
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400

ACU national Rally - July 6/7 19

Post by Stumpy 32 »

Anyone doing this?

https://www.nationalroadrally.co.uk/2019/about.php

I was a regular from 1996 t0 2013 on a variety of bikes and a three wheeler. I was also involved in running a control point for a few years. I envied the guys on scooters when the weather was not so good so thought I might enter this year on the Burgman. I remember thinking that a scooter with a reasonable performance might well be the ideal bike for the event. To see If I am right I think I will do the "Chrome Daytime", that one didn't exist when I last did it!

John

PS. Hope I posted this in the right place.

muddyfox
Benefactor
Current Ride: Yamaha 250r x max

Re: ACU national Rally

Post by muddyfox »

When I was a member of the Robin Hood MCC I , along with other members, did the event 3 times. No sat nav or mobile phones back then. The club then ran the Check Point at Edwinstowe ( junction of A614 and A616) 4 times. There's a Tesco petrol station on the site now and that's the reason this Check Point was moved further up the A616 close to a cafe. The Cafe complained our Club was offering free tea and coffee to rally entrants, dispute the cafe closing at 6pm and our Check Point closing at 7am. This was the final nail in the coffin for that Check Point and it was removed from the rally.
Thanks for jogging my memory Stumpy32.
Muddyfox (Nottingham)
Ride safe

newscooter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Grinnall BMW trike

Post by newscooter »

I did it with no problems on a SilverWing 600 accompanied by a chum on a Honda ST1100. It was a Special Gold in those days .

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

I Did it in 1988 on a Honda rs250,bloody hard then so the next year did it on a Honda xbr500,still bloody hard ,so never have done it since.
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.