SteveW Memorial rideout - Kent-ish - Sunday 20 October

This is the place to organize a meet or tell us about a forthcoming show
capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

SteveW Memorial rideout - Kent-ish - Sunday 20 October

Post by capitano »

On the C90club forum, Steve Watkin (SteveW) was an inspiration to many and a frend to many more.

He was on Maxi Muppets for a while too. Steve used to organise regular rides around Kent, the Hoo peninsula, ensuring that small bikes were not only included, but encouraged.

Steve sadly passed away in 2017, and last year marked the very first ride to remember him.

R80Rob on the C90club forum is organising the second rideout in memory of Steve.

If you would like a Cub-speed rideout on some of the roads that Steve used to ride, please join us.

The details are as below. I will update them if and when they are updated or added to.
It's approaching 2 years since Steve passed and after the success of last year's ride it was mooted to make it a yearly occurrence.

So details are:

Meet at Nell's cafe just off A2 (DA12 5UD)

I'll be there for breakfast at 9:30 and will head off at 10:30

Route details are hazy and subject to change but will involve Steve's favourite route around the Hoo peninsula and possibly then over to Sheppey.

Ged there will more than likely be some green laning but as always there will be a road option for those not wishing to partake.

See you there?

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Re: SteveW Memorial rideout - Kent-ish - Sunday 20 October

Post by mottza »

Would come along but likely my face will be too swollen. Maybe though.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

Sounds a nice run for a nice man. Shame but I can't do longer runs at the moment as still recovering from surgery myself. Won't be long though before being back to normal.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

mottza
Admin

Post by mottza »

I might be able to do this as my operation was brought back by a week so will be recovered by then.

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

Data wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:21 am Sounds a nice run for a nice man. Shame but I can't do longer runs at the moment as still recovering from surgery myself. Won't be long though before being back to normal.
I'm debating the wisdom of doing it myself, Data. I'm still officially "in recovery" from surgery last November.

It's a long enough stretch to the start, so I may just ride there, have breakfast, reminisce about Steve, wave everyone off and ride home.

8-)

capitano
Admin

Post by capitano »

mottza wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:51 pm I might be able to do this as my operation was brought back by a week so will be recovered by then.
... I'll keep you informed as to my plans, too. 8-)

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

capitano wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:52 pm
Data wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:21 am Sounds a nice run for a nice man. Shame but I can't do longer runs at the moment as still recovering from surgery myself. Won't be long though before being back to normal.
I'm debating the wisdom of doing it myself, Data. I'm still officially "in recovery" from surgery last November.

It's a long enough stretch to the start, so I may just ride there, have breakfast, reminisce about Steve, wave everyone off and ride home.

8-)
That's a nice idea. I'd love to do that too but still a bit too far for me until we get to November, my surgeon says. And in my post above where I say it won't be long before I'm normal again, I use the term "normal" loosely. I've never been normal in my whole life!! :lol:

mottza
Admin

Post by mottza »

So is anyone going on Sunday? I may do subject to the weather forecast. Looking hopeful at the moment.

Data
Benefactor

Post by Data »

Not sure Chris. I'd love to do it but wife won't be happy because she thinks I should wait a bit more before doing big miles. I'll see. If weather is ok and I promise to take care, she might be ok with it. But to be fair I'd only ride down to the cafe, see Capitano and then see everyone else off. That way it reduces my miles and saddle time and wife might be happy for me to do it. I managed ok on our 45 mile trek out to Lavenham and back, no ill effects. But a much bigger run might create pain at the mo! Funnily enough, I'm allergic to pain! :lol:

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

I'm going, not sure on which bike, I'm still learning about the DCT on the NC750s and enjoy riding it, or it could be the Innova.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i