Scooter ride outs in the North East

This is the place to organize a meet or tell us about a forthcoming show
steve_h80
Current Ride: silverwing 600

Scooter ride outs in the North East

Post by steve_h80 »

Hi All (again)
I registered on this site a couple of years back then kinda forgot all about it till someone reminded yesterday. Its an age thing you know!
Anyway, I'll try to get to the point.
I occasionally do informal ride outs in the North East, to date these have been through a FaceAche page, but it was suggested I also look at this site to see if anyone here is interested.
The rides to date have been the North Yorks Moors, the Dales and Northumberland because its local and I don't enjoy riding in heavy traffic. I try to keep the total distance to about 100 miles with plenty of coffee and cake stops. Accurate navigation is optional...
Although speeds are (usually) leisurely bends and hills are a feature, so you need to be a competent rider.
Midweek rides are the norm so that we don't hold up the sports bikes and get held up by the cruisers.
Anyone interested?

Deleted User 18472

Re: Scooter ride outs in the North East

Post by Deleted User 18472 »

A bit too far away for me. 😕

Bingo
Current Ride: BV 350 Honda Vision 110

Post by Bingo »

I might be. I live between Barnard Castle and Richmond so some of the greatest rides are right on my doorstep. Swaledale is one of my favourites. Depends when, where and of course weather permitting for me but if there are a few interested if I can ill take part. Only just got my BV350 so still getting used to it, just hoping for some better weather now!

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Steve's Ride on Wednesday this week was most enjoyable, as were the couple he organised last year.
Each time, the rendezvous has been Hardwick Country Park - loos, a café and plenty of parking for scooters.
The Park is 30 minutes' ride from home for me and all three Rides have finished close to a major route (A19) so it's easy to get home, even if it's 40 miles or so - the Silverwing gobbles up the miles and it's part of the day as far as I'm concerned. We finished at Northallerton this time.
Stops are regular and at places with refreshment easily available.
Pace is comfortable with some manageable twisties, some brisk bits and some at a speed enabling riders to notice the views. I'm not the most competent rider but have had no problems although hairpin bends take extra effort.

We've ridden along Swaledale and a host of other well-known places.

Incidentally, the third scooter in the group this time was a Honda SH 300 and seemed to have no problem in maintaining the pace.

Thanks, Steve; here's to the next one.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

steve_h80
Current Ride: silverwing 600

Post by steve_h80 »

Hi Bingo, I'm just outside Barny Castle myself so we're in the same area.
Your 350 will be right on the button for these rides, we're not going far or fast enough to need anything bigger, a125 could do it but might be flat out some of the time.
We're generally doing weekdays at the moment but weekends are an option if folks want it.

hatter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH 300

Post by hatter »

I'm in for more of these. Really enjoyed Wednesdays run this week and a couple I did last year with this group.
Hatter