Green welly

Went to a scooter meet and took loads of photos? Post them in here for all to see.
Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Green welly

Post by Symcity »

Well folks it’s well over six months since I had the scooter out however yesterday I had new metzeler feelfree tyres fitted and as the elements look promising for the next few days I intend to visit the green welly over the weekend - pictures to follow

Snail
Current Ride: Burgman

Re: Green welly

Post by Snail »

God forgot that place went there years ago, ashamed to say not been north of the border for quite a few years now🤔

Waldorf
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Waldorf »

Me, too. For several years I drove Finchley Sea Cadets up to Loch Oich in our coach for a week of water-sports in October. We always stopped at the Green Welly on the way up.
Mike
Honda Forza 350 - Adso
NIU electric moped - HAL
"Ignorant people will always be afraid of what's different and will always mock what they don't understand."
Capitano

Proud to be a member of the Ugly Bunch

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

Och well I never made it out on Saturday however I covered around 115 miles today - fuelled up at Dumbarton then Helensburgh - Garelochhead - Arrochar - Inverarey - Dalmally - Tyndrum - Crianlarich then home to Balloch along Loch Lomondside - bitterly cold though - image depicting a bagger beemer at Inverarey - nice very nice

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Symcity wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:48 pm Image
Agree they are nice (can't believe I'm complimenting a BMW :shock: ) but try shuffling one about or low speed full lock turns they are bastad heavy front ends

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

The bloke riding it engaged reverse gear and negotiated his exit from that parking space with consummate ease

Deleted User 7077

Post by Deleted User 7077 »

I see another Scotland route has been named .The "heart of Scotland 200 ".Takes in The Trossacks Aberfoyl ,Tummel valley a loop from Stirling or where ever join it .

Scootypuff snr

Post by Scootypuff snr »

Symcity wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:11 am The bloke riding it engaged reverse gear and negotiated his exit from that parking space with consummate ease
Is it a proper reverse gear or like the Goldwing and Just "pulls it back on the starter motor"

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

Scootypuff snr wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 am Is it a proper reverse gear or like the Goldwing and Just "pulls it back on the starter motor"
Sorry the answer to that I do not know

Symcity
Benefactor

Post by Symcity »

Just found the answer - Yes, there’s Reverse (but it’s optional). A worm drive off the starter motor backs you out of tough spots when you push the R button on the handlebar.