SYM GTS Evo 300 Oil Pressure

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
mac65
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda ADV 350

SYM GTS Evo 300 Oil Pressure

Post by mac65 »

Riding in to work this evening and my "oil pressure light" came on! Not again I though, it did that just after it's first service, and spent a couple of days at the dealer as they tried to resolve the problem, which they couldn't find. So I was told just to keep my eye on it, they had checked every thing. So when it happened again, I though there's definately something wrong with it. So on to the computer and see what Google can through up! Turn's out it's not an oil pressure light but a "check your oil light" that comes on every 1000km's. And there is a reset button on the dash! Always good to read the hand book! :lol: I better pass this info on to the dealer, in case some other owner fails to read the hand book!
enjoy eXtra to the Max

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: SYM GTS Evo 300 Oil Pressure

Post by SH125Paul »

Quite a few bikes and scoots some times have an oil level light rather than pressure, so with a bit of spirited riding , banked over and a bit of pitching fore and aft accelerating and braking used to see my exups light come on occasionally, especially as i tended to fill more to the lower of the marks, to stop the crank pressure pushing oil and vapour in to the air box...

But yeah, RTFM often helps ;-)

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Mac, that's a really useful post for anyone with one of the GTS's. Good on you for posting with the info. By the way, how are you getting on generally with the bike? Like it? Plenty of power?
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

funny how a dealer doesn't know about service lights..there quite commen these days...not sure i would trust someone who don't even know the simple stuff...
the reason is to change the oil regular ,as there is no oil filter as such,just a gause thimble inside to catch debry ,an needs washing out when you change oil.so oil needs replacing more frequently..
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

gn2

Post by gn2 »

The dealer in question doesn't appear to be very interested in scooters.
You have to look pretty hard on their website for any information about Sym, even then its just 125 learner info.
And look even harder for any mention of Kymco.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yamahas often have a big red Oil Change light - labelled 'Oil', so you panic and think its an oil pressure warning!!!!

Beardy
Current Ride: Piaggio X9 250 SL

Post by Beardy »

Similar for Honda - only orange.

mac65
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda ADV 350

Post by mac65 »

Data wrote:Mac, that's a really useful post for anyone with one of the GTS's. Good on you for posting with the info. By the way, how are you getting on generally with the bike? Like it? Plenty of power?
Yeah loving it, enjoying the extra power. As gn2 say's the dealer is definately more interested in selling bikes. Surprised that the didn't contact motoGB to find out if there was any issues though! Then they might have found out what I did! Next time I might got to another dealer about 30 miles away as he just deals in Scooters! SYM and Peugeot.
enjoy eXtra to the Max

anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Post by anonstarter »

Top tip! I believe we have the same engine and electronics. However my oil light now comes on every 3000km. It came on at 3k, 6k and 9k! On the Citycom there are two buttons which you have to press together for two seconds to 'reset' it. I'm guessing yours will re-light 3000km after you reset yours.

I did have the older SYM GTS 250 version, though only briefly - the leg room for me was too tight and I accidently turned the ignition off with my knee going around a roundabout! :shock:
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.