Well there's a first...Or two...

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Re: Well there's a first...Or two...

Post by Data »

I feel sure some dealers are failing to recognise maxi scooters are proving to be of great interest to us consumers and ex big bike owners for all sorts of reasons. MCN noted this week that scooter sales make up 46% of total PTW sales in the UK for 2011. That's massive! Admittedly, I suspect a large percentage of those will be smaller scooters of upto 125cc, but there seems to be a trend year on year for the bigger machine sales to be growing. These are being sold to people like me who come from big bikes, and want some real performance in the package.Now that we have even better maxi's both in the mid range and in the upper large range, we should be seeing further improvements in sales for that catagory. Dealers not prepared to recognise that could be missing out. And I had an acknowledgement of that yesterday when the current Sym dealer in my home town phoned me to tell me he was going to keep the big Piaggio bikes in stock and he would from now on only get the Syms to order from their other main depot in Watford. I would add he has never ever kept any big scoots in stock before of whatever make, but the trend needs to change he reckons as that's where the sales are increasingly coming from. What he actually means is that the large motorcycles he stocks just don't sell that well anymore...and the future is going to be a bit different even when the economy returns to a recovery situation. The whole scooter scene is growing and will continue to do so. Gota say I just love that!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...