MCN TMax Tong Term Test Update: 8/8/12

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

MCN TMax Tong Term Test Update: 8/8/12

Post by SH125Paul »

Update on MCNs TMax Long Term Test Scoot in latest issue...
The Polish Smudger takes a jaunt to France...
Gives it a big thumbs up, again... and asks "Am i Riding The Future of Motorcycling?"
All Good!

halfabusa
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NC750X DCT

Re: MCN TMax Tong Term Test Update: 8/8/12

Post by halfabusa »

omg i didn't even realise it was on sale, i'll rush out and get one now! :D NOOOOT

You'd be mad or rich or both to get one in this economic climate...The bike manufacturers either will need to up their game with competitive pricing or pull out of UK altogether in search of mad/rich countries willing to pay stupendous prices to their glorified scooters.
ImageImageImageImage

NC750X DCT
FJR1300
Burgman 400 gone
Tmax 500 Sold
Burgman 650 dead...

Deeping
Benefactor
Current Ride: t-max + xv1100

Post by Deeping »

Meldrew wrote:It's only one bike hack's opinion, and it's that get 'yer knee down rag MCN. It's been on sale a while and it's nearly mid August now, so if it's the Future of Motorcycling why haven't all the TMax fanatics on here traded in their older models for one.

Wow, you’re the life and soul of the party this morning, is it raining up in Cumberland ;)
Never instal version 1.0

Deeping
Benefactor
Current Ride: t-max + xv1100

Post by Deeping »

they swim fast round here aswell, could be the webbed feet that does it
Never instal version 1.0

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yes, read the review in WH Smiths this morning - he was very positive wasn't he, saying things like 'show me a bike which can do this'.

Talking of bike mags, also browsed Bike very briefly. They had a mini comparison of the Honda 700X and Integra, describing one as a bike trying to be a scooter and the other as a scooter trying to be a bike! They came to the conclusion, that of the two, not only is the Integra the worst bike, but it was the worst scooter! I think they may have something there....

chippie
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-MAX MK3

Post by chippie »

MrGrumpy wrote:Yes, read the review in WH Smiths this morning - he was very positive wasn't he, saying things like 'show me a bike which can do this'.

Talking of bike mags, also browsed Bike very briefly. They had a mini comparison of the Honda 700X and Integra, describing one as a bike trying to be a scooter and the other as a scooter trying to be a bike! They came to the conclusion, that of the two, not only is the Integra the worst bike, but it was the worst scooter! I think they may have something there....
What was your conclusion then when you rode them either one of them?

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

chippie wrote:
MrGrumpy wrote:Yes, read the review in WH Smiths this morning - he was very positive wasn't he, saying things like 'show me a bike which can do this'.

What was your conclusion then when you rode them either one of them?
If my nearest Honda dealer gave test rides...........

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

saw a Black one in P+H last week , very nice stealth look , £8900 and Sold !! There is a supply problem and P+H cant get another this year . For me it was not worth trading my Mk 3 In white , full Akro just yet . Still not sure about the belt , plus I reckon BMW are going to give better trade ins on the C600 sport

gn2

Post by gn2 »

chippie wrote:What was your conclusion then when you rode them either one of them?
I had a DCT NC700X for the day while my scooter was being serviced yesterday.
Don't think I would buy one in preference to a maxi scooter, I didn't like the engine, being a 270 it felt a bit agricultural.
For me silky smooth is preferable to "character".
Unconvinced by the DCT as well, think I would prefer the manual option.
I liked the single inlet and exhaust.
Liked the full stainless exhaust.
Was surprised that I liked the instrument binnacle.
Didn't like the single shock rear suspension, would prefer twin shocks.
It needs a hugger.
Centre stand should also be standard fitment on a chain driven road bike.
Not saying it's a bad bike, far from it I think overall the NC700S/X is a superb package with the manual S in white being the pick of the bunch.