wow

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
gn2

Re: wow

Post by gn2 »

Born in India, mother Indian and father British.

anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Re: wow

Post by anonstarter »

MrGrumpy wrote:
gn2 wrote:
MrGrumpy wrote: I suspect if he was starting out now, he'd be hailed as the first British Asian mega star. In the 70s, that side wasn't exactly suppressed but certainly wasn't mentioned. I guess that actually says something itself about how the UK is changing.
Englebert Humperdinck fans might dispute that Freddie Mercury was the first British Asian megastar...?
Where does he come from then???
Engelbert Humperdinck, born Arnold George Dorsey on the 2nd May 1936, is an Anglo-Indian pop singer, best known for his number one hits "Release Me" and "The Last Waltz", as well as "After the Lovin'" and "A Man Without Love".

Born in Madras, India, as a child Dorsey moved to Leicester, England, where he took an early interest in music. Initially playing the saxophone in nightclubs, he soon moved into singing, releasing his first single, "I'll Never Fall in Love Again", in 1958. After struggling with tuberculosis, in the mid-1960s Dorsey returned to his musical career, adopting the stage name "Engelbert Humperdinck" after the German 19th-century composer of operas. Signed to Decca Records, he gained early success in Belgium after representing England in the 1966 Knokke song contest there. Returning to the United Kingdom, he released a string of singles that proved commercially successful both domestically and in the United States. Gaining a devoted fan following, he also fronted a short-lived television series, The Engelbert Humperdinck Show.

Humperdinck has sold an estimated 150 million albums worldwide and continues to produce music, to varying critical and commercial success.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engelbert_ ... k_(singer)
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.