T MAX 250

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deeping
Benefactor
Current Ride: t-max + xv1100

Re: T MAX 250

Post by Deeping »

Bet that’s why it had an aftermarket exhaust fitted. Does seem silly money for an exhaust.
Never instal version 1.0

macp
Current Ride: Gilera ST200

Post by macp »

gn2 wrote:I prefer the standard one with the regular screen in "competition white".
The price of spares would put me off, I remember looking at a used one with a nasty aftermarket silencer on so I priced up a new Yamaha one and it was £1100 :eek:
Agreed im a fan of white too & very nice in the flesh, really nicely built just so bloody expensive.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

I think anyone serious about buying one would be able to get a fair bit of discount, I remember reading a post on here where a Yamaha dealer had offered to price match against the SYM GTS300.

phantom309
Current Ride: nc750sa

Post by phantom309 »

gn2 wrote:I think anyone serious about buying one would be able to get a fair bit of discount, I remember reading a post on here where a Yamaha dealer had offered to price match against the SYM GTS300.
having had the xmax 250...an the sym gts 300..my money would be on the sym,no question...so much more value for money...an so much cheaper to run.. yamaha is so expencive on parts ...
Good friends don't let you do stupids thing alone .

gn2

Post by gn2 »

True that genuine Yamaha parts are expensive, but aftermarket consumables should be available at similar prices to the Sym ones?

SpikeOne
Current Ride: Kymco Downtown 300i

Post by SpikeOne »

While I was waiting for the local Yam dealer to sort out the memsahibs YBR the other day, I got a test ride on one of those.

I hated it!

It's titchy by comparison to my DT, uncomforable, and it felt like it couldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding.
Sorry, but even if they knocked a shedload off, I still wouldn't have one.
Spike

Kymco Downtown 300i
Yamaha Vity
MZ ETZ251
Honda CD175
Honda CB250 G5
BSA Bantam D14/4
BSA Sunbeam
Honda C50

gn2

Post by gn2 »

The X-Max is massive compared to a PCX though. :)

mac65
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda ADV 350

Post by mac65 »

I concidered an X-Max as well, but opted for the GTS Evo as it was a good bit cheaper and a bit larger too, bit like myself!! :oops:
enjoy eXtra to the Max