Looking for recommendations for heated grips.....

Chat about any motorbike here.
rtfm
Current Ride: Integra 700

Re: Looking for recommendations for heated grips.....

Post by rtfm »

Globs wrote:
I've got Oxford ones with a three-way toggle button, it seems to do about 1/4 power and full power. It's very discreet though and while a bit more control might be nice it works fine!! Much nicer grips than the original too IMO.
Oh, they're fine when they work, they just seem to be unreliable (like most of the Oxford stuff I've bought). Mine never worked properly and went totally kaput soon after purchase and my brother went through about 3 controllers in under a year before he got rid of his old scoot.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

I just find the push button controller a pain in the arse! The buttons are difficult to press, impossible with gloves, require pressing for a long time, meaning they are impossible or dangerous to use on the move, so you have to stop, take your gloves off, wrestle with the buttons, then repeat when you want to change the heat setting!

DougL
Global Moderator
Current Ride: R1200GS

Post by DougL »

Just so you all know - you don't have to wire up any of these grips via the contoller. I have always left it out and wired up the grips via a cheap toggle switch from Maplin and an ignition live feed. Position the toggle near your left thumb and just flick it on or off as you need it. Works very well for me....

You can just see the toggle switch on this Vespa which I used to own...

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Bit late in the day but I've fitted these Vicma ones to two bikes now and found them excellent.

A bit like Doug says with the HG ones, they do come with a choice of controllers and the turn-knob one is best. :D

I use Soudall fix-all to glue 'em on. :)

http://www.wemoto.com/parts/picture/vm-12452/

MjW
Current Ride: TMax 2009 ABS

Post by MjW »

I wish I was brave enough to fit a pair of these.

BenR
Current Ride: Aprilia Atlantic sprint 500

Post by BenR »

capitano wrote:Bit late in the day but I've fitted these Vicma ones to two bikes now and found them excellent.

A bit like Doug says with the HG ones, they do come with a choice of controllers and the turn-knob one is best. :D

I use Soudall fix-all to glue 'em on. :)

http://www.wemoto.com/parts/picture/vm-12452/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They're the same as the Keis ones which were fitted as an upgrade on the gilera nexus'. I've just had to replace mine as the monkey who fitted the original ones fitted them so the wiring collided with the front brake lever eventually breaking the wiring. £37 on eBay with free delivery.