Hi from Notts!

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
PD110961
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Hi from Notts!

Post by PD110961 »

Hi all.. i'm a big fan of forums, so hope to b eable to contribute and receive useful stuff.

I live in kirkby in ashfield, Notts.. just going to fetch my burgman 400 tonight.

A friend of mine has one as well as his triumph 1050, as his mrs has nack problems and found the whip motion when he changed gear on a normal bike to much...now she loves it.

I decided i wanted to add to my bike stable (currently just the one, 2002 Bonneville T100) a few months ago, to commute the 11 miles into work in Nottingham.. I got a bargain of a Honda foremost 250.. brilliant bit of ki, getting 84 mpg at the moment!

The Mrs tried it on the back and loved it.. BUT the rear passenger 'footpegs' are not meant for her size 7 feet.. SO.. she said it was OK for me to go for the Burgman 400 as the rear pilllon foot area is brilliant.

I dont have to much of a budget, but managed to get a 2002 400 locally for £875.. its got 10 months MOT and i rode it last night.. all seems good. It looks like someone tried to get under the seat at one time.. the lock is no longer there and the hole is a little bigger than it should be,BUT he has a new one for me. As i'm an engineer, sorting it shouldn't be too much of a problem. Also, the exhaust is a right botch job.. shut and cut pipe leading to a brazed on short, loud can.. looks ugly.

so.. thats me for now.. if anyone has a genuine exhaust system or good aftermarket one, i need one eventually.

TTFN.. Phil

michaelphillips
Benefactor
Current Ride: Daelim S250 Advance

Re: Hi from Notts!

Post by michaelphillips »

Have fun Phil, lots of little jobs probably to do. i bloke on ebay is selling paper version workshop manual for your scoot, he had it last week at £17 , now £11 very good price, i was about to tell starman but he got a haynes one,, heres the link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUZUKI-BURGMA ... 3cd27df92c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I cant seem to remember.. I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way.

PD110961
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by PD110961 »

marvelous.. offered £8 and accepted, it's on its way! many thanks!

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

hello
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

Deeping
Benefactor
Current Ride: t-max + xv1100

Post by Deeping »

hello, not that far away

here is a free manual, its the real Suzuki Manufactures one, all 475 pages.
just save it, no strings, no exe, no worries for you to look at until the one you paid for arrives

http://www.moto4.ru/manuals/suzuki_an40 ... manual.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Never instal version 1.0

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Hi, welcome to the forum..
SEAT MO

johnp
Benefactor
Current Ride: The Wife