Hello from Bristol, hoping for a Yamaha T-Max 530

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Re: Hello from Bristol, hoping for a Yamaha T-Max 530

Post by R1K SU »

I was gonna get the SRV 850, till my Mrs sat on the back and found out the same thing, they designed it for solo use ??? dumb, I wanted it to :(
Someone on here who just got the 530, said it wasnt much faster than the 500 T-Max at all, so if u wanna save a few quid, go for an almost new one of those ?
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Post by anonstarter »

Welcome! icon_cheers.gif
R1K SU wrote:Someone on here who just got the 530, said it wasnt much faster than the 500 T-Max at all, so if u wanna save a few quid, go for an almost new one of those ?
It was Mister 007tmaxer;
007tmaxer wrote:I have just picked up my new Tmax 530,its 12 plate in stealth grey with 750 miles on the clock.After riding it home i must say i am disappointed ! my old mk3 is just as good and its done 29000miles !
Transmission whine at slow speeds can be heard even through a tight fitting helmet.It feels no quicker than the 500, just a small amount of torque more but nothing to write home about!the exhaust farts a bit ?
It looks good but i cant help thinking what where they thinking when developing this model? I have had all mk`s now and this is the smallest jump in change i have witnessed.Moving from carbs to injection was a good move helped starting and running smoother but not much faster!
I think the mk3 was the biggest jump in tech with alloy frame better forks and brakes,its no C600 BMW engine wise,i have a demo on one and its feel much more powerful,might have to keep it a year then part ex it for a BM !!!!
Steve
http://www.maxi-muppets.co.uk/forum/vie ... =5&t=13606" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by spaceprobe »

Got to put my 2 pence in having just come from a big bike try the SYM maxsym 400i , gets great reviews and as very bike like handling. Those of us on here with them are well pleased.
Maximum respect