Burgman 400- thud from rear end

mac65
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda ADV 350

Burgman 400- thud from rear end

Post by mac65 »

When I accelerate hard from stand still, when the scoot goes over 10mph I get a horrible feeling from the rear end. Feels like I've driven in to a pot hole. But if I accelerate smoothly through 10mph no odd feeling at all. Has any one experienced this or any ideas please. The Bikes a K7 Burgman 400. Cheers. :(
enjoy eXtra to the Max

Alexis050891
Current Ride: 1999 Burgman 400

Re: Burgman 400- thud from rear end

Post by Alexis050891 »

Is it kind of like if you change into a high gear too quickly in a car or bike it kind of judders while gaining power?

I've had this on my Burgman '99 since I've had it. I kinda liked that. Isn't it supposed to make that noise :?.

Deleted User 83

Post by Deleted User 83 »

does it feel a bit like your driving over corrigated iron, it feels 'lumpy' and possibly making a noise a bit like a wheelspin and blowing over a bottle combined?

sounds like the burger squeal, when they put the new engine in the k7 they changed the drive case and took ot the ventilation, causes a heat buildup and glazing on the clutch which makes the belt slip, they tried to fix it on the k8 but going from a 3 to 5 should clutch, but they still do it, the k9 has a new case design with air vents to keep it cool.

You can 'clean' them a bit, you hold the back brake and rev it upto about 5k, but only for 1-2 seconds, and don't do it often or you might damage bits.

It happens most often for me after it rains due to the damp.

Suzuki are working on it, but nothing yet

mac65
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda ADV 350

Post by mac65 »

Yeah that's just how it feel's. Will give the clean up a try and see how it goes! Thanks. Will let you know how it goes!
enjoy eXtra to the Max