Noobie

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
jay

Noobie

Post by jay »

Hi all......Me and the better half both ride Z1000's....hers is a green K8,mine is a black K9.....Seriously considering choppin' me Z in for a Burgman 650 Exec for me 50th birthday in Feb next year.Fancy a bit of comfort,and the convenience of storage.Can imagine clocking up decent mileages without me arse screaming at me......Need to test ride one first,but had a ride on a 400 a couple of years back,so don't see any problems....Just not sure whether to go for a noo 63 plate,or wait till next year for a 14 plate(in case they modify for 2014)..Also,any pitfalls to look out for on the 650,had a few Suzukis,and the finish left a lot to be desired.....Anyways,look forward to any feedback,and there's a few bottles of Vino open seeing as it's Sunday....Help yerselves. ;) ...Jay

Bluebottle
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 400 ZA L0

Re: Noobie

Post by Bluebottle »

Welcome

In my opinion the burgers have a better finish than some other Suzies.
There is quite a lot of difference between the 400 and 650. I find the 400 more comfy and prefer its seat.
WE ARE THE BURG resistance is futile
The Ugly Bunch-1

VOZZA
Benefactor
Current Ride: Forza 125

Post by VOZZA »

Hi Jay and welcome. icon_wink-.gif Wales.gif
The big Burger has only just been made over, so any changes would be limited to colour I would think.
Pete

Vespa GTS300 Super for practical runabout, Triumph Tiger Explorer for conquering the planet. Car almost obsolete.

poldark
Current Ride: X9 250Evo+B650[F]+NC750X [GB]

Post by poldark »

The 2013 B650 is a major revision and fixes a few owners grips and should deliver better mpg, bit early to know for sure. Unless you're on limited funds a '13 would be good, but Suzuki have taken a slightly unrealistic approach with B650 pricing since the recession and it's harder and harder to justify current RRP.

There was a mild revision a couple of years back with revised LCD display, not sure could've been 2011, perhaps a lightly-used 1-2 year old would be better value. But don't go for older ones, suggest K7 onward as being most reliable.

The 400 & 650 are quite different beasts, for me 2-up use is what the 650 excels at (though most of my time was solo!) the twin has good torque & drive and the full bike frame and lowdown & up-front engine location aids handling especially at low speed.

As you plan to, a test ride is critical before parting with significant wedge, make sure it is 2-up as some pillions find the foot position slightly awkward.
Honda NC750X DCT (2017)

Deeping
Benefactor
Current Ride: t-max + xv1100

Post by Deeping »

hello there
Never instal version 1.0

johnp
Benefactor
Current Ride: The Wife

Post by johnp »

Hi and welcome aboard.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property Services

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

I came from Yam FZ1 and my Mrs hated that, jerky acceleration and braking ( for her, not me ) on the 650 she doesnt get any of that, and loves it, she has a very bad back, so found a motorbike suspension very harsh over bumps, the burgs seat absorbs a lot of the road bumps, so she likes it even more, power wise ob u aint gonna get the same top end rush, but low down, you WILL be surprised what it can do :) 2.0 Turbo cars and BMW 330 are about on par with acceleration, but the burg is slightly quicker to about 80mph :) and mine is an 04, so newer ones may be quicker
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ
Zero FXS

spaceprobe
Benefactor
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i ABS

Post by spaceprobe »

Morning Jay, 60 next birthday so 6 weeks ago the kawasaki VN900 went to be replaced by a scooter. Shock horror from biker friends, but I am still smiling. No more numb bum, aching back and shoulders. Can sit on it all day and stay smiling, loads of storage, nippy around town, stable and fast on motorways. Looked at the the 650 Burg but its a big heavy beast and for me a 400 seemed to be the sweet spot. Whatever you do you wont be sorry, maxi scooters are the UKs best kept secret, enjoy.
Maximum respect

jay

Post by jay »

Thanks for the welcomes and info to date peeps. ;) .....seem to be some deals on new 2012 models,decent savings(รƒฦ’รขโ‚ฌลกรƒโ€šร‚ยฃ1500-รƒฦ’รขโ‚ฌลกรƒโ€šร‚ยฃ2000 on a 2013)...will try to sort out in next couple of weeks. 8-)

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

Thats good deals, did you see the MCN scooter shootout Jay ?
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜œ
Zero FXS