Newbie intro

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Re: Newbie intro

Post by Liam »

Hi ferret!
srv850! Nice 8-)

pikey

Post by pikey »

havent we already got a ferret spelt with an i but bit confusing

Deeping
Benefactor
Current Ride: t-max + xv1100

Post by Deeping »

Hello Ferret
Never instal version 1.0

johnp
Benefactor
Current Ride: The Wife

Post by johnp »

Hi and welcome aboard.
Barnfields Plumbing & Property Services

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

Welcome .

Right Ferret all these reviews say the SRV doesnt handle and is spongy and you cant feel the front end, so c'mon watsit like ?? and how quick is it :)
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

richie the 1st
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda sh125 Suzuki Address FL1

Post by richie the 1st »

pikey wrote:havent we already got a ferret spelt with an i but bit confusing
Yes the other FerrIT .
Old honda sh125.
New Honda sh125.
Ride free,ride safe.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

R1ksu firstly I do have to disagree with the reviews and recently the mcn one to which I sent a letter and as usual got no reply lol. II have lived with srv for over a year and have been impressed and it still puts a smile on my face . I have just done a 600 mile round trip to Yorkshire and enjoyed some very nice twisty bits ,with persons on sports bikes and neither I or the srv were last or disgraced lol . Mine has been clocked at 129.9 mph GPS . It's squirts up to 120 easily and smoothly and will cruise at 100 2 up no problem . The braking I improved by fitting ebc HH pads and I recommend these to everyone the stopping distances are improved ,but there is a little loss in feel . The handling IMHO is very good and reacts to counter steering very well indeed ,but the suspension could be a lot better for our Pot holed roads . Ride smooth works best but you can launch it about better than a lot of bikes I have owned . I think the front end is budget and I have had a few issues with it ,which appear,s to be easily improved upon ,he'll they race these things in Europe and makes 1000cc versions with 90 rwhp and very fast .if you use combined braking the scoot reacts better as you are not overloading the front as much . Acceleration on mine is 0-60 in 5 seconds which can easily be improved by either different sprockets and or variator weights .The kits in Europe if you have the cash have got down to close to 3 seconds 0-60 times . This machine does lack the storage space and connivence of some of the other brands ,but its meant to be different . I do plan to adjust the front end to suit me and will also fit another more adjustable rear shock at some point as this is a keeper for me .the real thing is its so much fun . I fitted the Michelin pure 2ct tire to the rear and have to say what a big step forward this is for a scooter tire certainly improves the overall ride IMHO .

wozza
Benefactor
Current Ride: SEAT MO

Post by wozza »

Hiya, welcome to the forum.....
SEAT MO

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

Cool, thanks for that, we went to look at one wife was oooohh thats nice, then she sat on it, the body work was in the way of the pegs, she got off and said she didnt like it, but I want one !!! I took the Mana out for a test ride and loved it.
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

R1k su with regards to the rear peg in relation to the body work was an issue for my good lady as it put pressure on the inner calf muscle .I have designed some new plates to replace and reposition the pegs to suit her lady ship and will be fitting them once the guys put them through the cnc for me when time is spare .I did look at re shaping the panels to suit but there is no room to do so as the fuel tanks are directly behind them .