Newbie looking at getting a 125cc

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
gn2

Re: Newbie looking at getting a 125cc

Post by gn2 »

ZOOM ZOOM GRANDAD1 wrote:Take a look at the Honda pcx it's a lot cheaper than the s wing
That's because its a lot less scooter than an S-wing.
I've seen year old ABS S-wings advertised locally for £2300 each or two for £4500, now that's what I call a bargain.

http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... 1029857083" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Le_Quack
Current Ride: Honda FES S-wing ABS

Post by Le_Quack »

Thanks for all the welcomes.

i did look at the pcx but i like the better weather protection, storage capacity and general larger size of the s-wing, (I'm 6'2).

its going to be for a 15 mile commute mostly on 60mph roads. Any other bikes i should be looking at

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

My first 125 scooter was a Honda Pantheon. Stay away from the early ones (2 stroke engine). Get a 2006 model onwards. Big, fast, comfortable, reliable, economical, plenty of luggage space underneath the seat and good weather protection. Stable at speed too so ideal for 60mph roads.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-57-HONDA ... 3a815c4410" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Le_Quack wrote:its going to be for a 15 mile commute mostly on 60mph roads. Any other bikes i should be looking at
Yamaha X-max, Sym GTS, Kymco Downtown, Daelim S3, Peugeot Citystar.

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Post by Dave Weller »

The S-Wing is a good scooter for tall people, the legshield storage compartment and handlebars do not get in the way of your legs.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

melpotter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sym JoyMax GTS 300i

Post by melpotter »

Le_Quack wrote:Thanks for all the welcomes.

i did look at the pcx but i like the better weather protection, storage capacity and general larger size of the s-wing, (I'm 6'2).

its going to be for a 15 mile commute mostly on 60mph roads. Any other bikes i should be looking at
I started with a SYM GTS EVO, plenty of road presence, lots of storage and protection. Quick off the mark and cruises easily at 60 ish. 80 + mpg. I'm 6 ft 2. There's plenty of space although you can't really get your feet up on the front (raised) foot positions, not with your legs straight anyway. Oh and finally looks great. I posted some pictures here
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.