Robbing bar stewards?

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
anonstarter
Benefactor
Current Ride: Pending

Robbing bar stewards?

Post by anonstarter »

After two hours of diagnosis (£84) at the local Suzuki motorcycle dealers the problem with my Burgy seems be the coil. Apparently these cost £120 inc vat plus another hour to fit. Total cost 84+120+42 = £246!!! The cost of riding in torrential rain and not knowing how to use a multimeter. :oops:
If you want to be incrementally better: Be competitive. If you want to be exponentially better: Be cooperative.

SH125Paul
Benefactor
Current Ride: SH125 - NC750X DCT

Re: Robbing bar stewards?

Post by SH125Paul »

I would request that the associated diagnostic cost be deducted from the cost of the subsequant work when undertaken... when the fault is cleared and upon demonstration that all is working as it should be the bill can then be addressed...
The whole point of the diagnosic set-up and how else would it be identified what was wrong? - Sounds Fair?

Maxsymuppet
Current Ride: Maxsym 600i

Post by Maxsymuppet »

If you think that's bad two years ago the starter motor went on my Burgman 400 and Suzuki wanted £500 for a new one. What is it, gold-plated or something?! Needless to say I didn't take them up on their offer, instead having a search on the net and finding one for half the price. It may well be worth doing the same as I did. It could save you a fair bit. As long as you don't go too cheap. When I was looking for a replacement starter motor I found a couple that were shall I say suspiciously cheap. If you see what I mean.

Ferret
Benefactor
Current Ride: Aprilia srv 850

Post by Ferret »

I prefer to remove the starter and get it referbed by a professional company ,had a stator done only cost 45 quid inc postage came back like new . Had a van alternator renewed cost me 85 quid when a new one was nearly 300 .

Steve_D
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Steve_D »

Meldrew wrote:It appears Cornwall is an expensive place to live. If you read today's Daily Mail, Rick Stein's an even bigger robbing bar steward. Apart from the overpriced fish and chips at his chippie in Padstow, he's charging customers £1.25 for a small pot of tartare sauce.
A dozen of us were staying in Falmouth over the new year, two years ago and went to his Falmouth chippe. It was the most expensive and tasteless meal we had all week.
Paddle harder. I can hear banjo music!

Honda SH300i

smeghead
Benefactor
Current Ride: GTS 300 Touring

Post by smeghead »

I'll stick with Scarborough.

Capt. R Swipe
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2023 Forza 350 YamT7

Post by Capt. R Swipe »

Steve_D wrote:
Meldrew wrote:It appears Cornwall is an expensive place to live. If you read today's Daily Mail, Rick Stein's an even bigger robbing bar steward. Apart from the overpriced fish and chips at his chippie in Padstow, he's charging customers £1.25 for a small pot of tartare sauce.
A dozen of us were staying in Falmouth over the new year, two years ago and went to his Falmouth chippe. It was the most expensive and tasteless meal we had all week.
I sat down down in his chippie with my partner, for them to tell me to move because they wanted to squeeze in a family with kids. I just fekin stood up and told them very audibly, that we weren't cattle and that they could keep their fish and chips.
I got the feeling that their remit was 'pack 'em in', take their plebeian money and move em out sharpish' The Tw*t!