I think electric is now in sight

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Post Reply
Bern
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:55 pm

Re: I think electric is now in sight

Post by Bern »

I reckon it's all part of an elaborate experiment to see if loud pipes actually do save lives ;) :lol:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Posts: 7359
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:50 pm
Current Ride: ADV350 Tmax mk3
Location: Cumbria

Re: I think electric is now in sight

Post by MrGrumpy »

Bern wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:53 am I reckon it's all part of an elaborate experiment to see if loud pipes actually do save lives ;) :lol:
Don't mention loud pipes! Currently down in Essex and am being driven mad by local bikers with deafening pipes! Stupid wankers on Harleys with exhausts that sound like machine guns and sportsbike tossers with full race exhausts howling round the streets at 4AM! Far from saving lives, they are putting themselves in danger as I'm SO tempted to get in the car and knock them off!!!!! :evil:

kayz1
Benefactor
Posts: 3355
Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:14 pm
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70
Location: north Wales

Re: I think electric is now in sight

Post by kayz1 »

:?: No we aren't. We are ahead of targets.

The progress of renewables in electricity generation has been very successful. Floating wind farms are going to feature heavily, as are tide turbines. Some estimates reckon that if the progress of these technologies meet targets, we won't even need the new Hinkley Point nuclear generator, let alone rely on anything coal or oil powered by 2025.
[/quote]

icon_th_rofl.gif icon_th_rofl.gif icon_th_rofl.gif icon_th_rofl.gif icon_th_rofl.gif

Bern
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:55 pm

Re: I think electric is now in sight

Post by Bern »

MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:25 am
Bern wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:53 am I reckon it's all part of an elaborate experiment to see if loud pipes actually do save lives ;) :lol:
Don't mention loud pipes! Currently down in Essex and am being driven mad by local bikers with deafening pipes! Stupid wankers on Harleys with exhausts that sound like machine guns and sportsbike tossers with full race exhausts howling round the streets at 4AM! Far from saving lives, they are putting themselves in danger as I'm SO tempted to get in the car and knock them off!!!!! :evil:

Seems an equitable solution to me bud icon_wink-.gif

Scootypuff snr

Re: I think electric is now in sight

Post by Scootypuff snr »

MrGrumpy wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:25 am
Bern wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:53 am I reckon it's all part of an elaborate experiment to see if loud pipes actually do save lives ;) :lol:
Don't mention loud pipes! Currently down in Essex and am being driven mad by local bikers with deafening pipes! Stupid wankers on Harleys with exhausts that sound like machine guns and sportsbike tossers with full race exhausts howling round the streets at 4AM! Far from saving lives, they are putting themselves in danger as I'm SO tempted to get in the car and knock them off!!!!! :evil:
Shout out and I'll treat you to coffee

User avatar
capitano
Admin
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:50 pm
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90
Location: Brighton, South Coast UK

Re: I think electric is now in sight

Post by capitano »

It's massively long winded to quote individual articles and facts to back up what I claimed above.

However, read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_in ... ed_Kingdom

plus:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renewable ... ed_Kingdom

... and they give a general picture of where we are.

The illustrative except from the first link is this:

"The total of all renewable electricity sources provided for 14.9% of the electricity generated in the United Kingdom in 2013,[63] reaching 53.7 TWh of electricity generated.

In June 2017 renewables plus nuclear generated more UK power than gas and coal together for the first time. In 2017 new offshore wind power became cheaper than new nuclear power for the first time.
[
"

It shows how far things progressed in just 4 years.

This BBC article sums it up neatly. We're still reliant on gas, but renewables are increasing year-on-year as a major source of energy:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42495883

Remember, our target was 30% of energy produced by renewables by 2020, and take a look at the graph below. I said we were ahead of targets. In essence, we were actually a hair's breadth off the 2020 target a full 3 years in advance.I'd call that, "ahead of target." 8-)

Stibbs
Benefactor
Posts: 536
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:42 pm
Current Ride: 2024 Forza 350
Location: The Sunshine Coast of the European Union

Re: I think electric is now in sight

Post by Stibbs »

I hear Agent Orange (The Trump idiot) has ordered a Tesla 🤭🤣🤣🤣
:kiss:

User avatar
Ralph
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:20 pm
Current Ride: Yamaha X-max 300 300
Location: Near Fleetwood

Re: I think electric is now in sight

Post by Ralph »

This is about were your electric is coming from.
http://gridwatch.co.uk/
Ralph
Nr Fleetwood

Image

Image

Image

Image

Deleted User 796

Re: I think electric is now in sight

Post by Deleted User 796 »

40 mile range at 70mph is a bit poo though innit?

Scootypuff snr

Re: I think electric is now in sight

Post by Scootypuff snr »

StephenC wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:12 pm So here we have a 21hp, 100 mile range, 70mph+ capable bike by Zero for £8995.

Seriously, if it had storage it could be my next purchase. By the time my finance on the Xmax is done in 2 year's time, I reckon there will be a viable electric option for me. Can't wait!

https://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-ne ... motorcycle

OK say you get your electric scooter WTF are you going to do to tinker & fettle it dye the durecell battery rabbits fur.

Post Reply