Peugeot UK 2021

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Peugeot UK 2021

Post by StephenC »

Yeah, I guess Covid has probably sodded up a lot of company plans. Still, I'm sure there'll be some good stuff in the pipeline eventually!
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

MrGrumpy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:57 am Yes, Peugeot had some interesting ideas, like the integrated Boa lock on many scoots. They also had that weird looking Ludix thing - am I right thinking that you could swap bits of it to customise it??? I got the impression that the rate of innovation slowed in recent years, with them buying in Piaggio mechanicals, and whilst they did do maxi 3-wheelers, they never really did a Tmax competitor, which given the popularity of the Tmax in France strikes me as, shall we say, a 'faux-pas'....
The Ludix was brilliant, a proper Characterful bie in a sea of bland mopeds.

For characterful read , "typically French."

Mrs Capitano had one that we rescued, and ran it for about 7 years. I rode it a lot.

8-)

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Data wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:41 am If Jaz can get over his prejudice towards Chinese bikes he might like to try one and be amazed!... :lol:
Prejudice: The act or state of holding unreasonable preconceived judgments or convictions.

No, what I have is experience. I've owned (and worked on) plenty of Chinese bikes, thanks, and they were all - with the exception of the Lifan 110 motor I installed in a Honda C50 - complete shite. I'm pretty sure I posted a list of them some time ago... can't be bothered again, sorry. It'll be in my posting history somewhere if you're that interested.

I have also been unfortunate enough to own a Peugeot scooter - an Elyseo - which was, yep, complete shite; riven with electrical faults, most notably the unbelievably cretinous combined CDI/immobiliser that *always* goes tits up. A mate had a similar heap which seized up because the plastic oil pump gears (yes really!) stripped with predictable results. 100% recommended if you need something to cover with cement and use as the foundations for a shed. Or as a boat anchor etc.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

It's difficult to make any sort of judgements about Chinese bikes based upon anything you say due to your extreme prejudice Jaz. And of course Chinese bikes are a completely different breed these days from when you clearly made your mind up about them. The Elyseo is of course not a Chinese bike and never has been. From a tech point of view we never ever had issues with Peugeot scooters. Your experience is valid though of course, just as mine is.

I can add that any Peugeot scooter would not comply with building regs regarding using it in foundations for anything. :o
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

My Elyseo 125 was OK. But then it was an early one with no fancy electronics. I did have to replace a front wheel bearing because of rain ingress through inadequate seals but it was otherwise reliable for my daily commuting over three years.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

capitano wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:53 pm
MrGrumpy wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:57 am Yes, Peugeot had some interesting ideas, like the integrated Boa lock on many scoots. They also had that weird looking Ludix thing - am I right thinking that you could swap bits of it to customise it??? I got the impression that the rate of innovation slowed in recent years, with them buying in Piaggio mechanicals, and whilst they did do maxi 3-wheelers, they never really did a Tmax competitor, which given the popularity of the Tmax in France strikes me as, shall we say, a 'faux-pas'....
The Ludix was brilliant, a proper Characterful bie in a sea of bland mopeds.

For characterful read , "typically French."

Mrs Capitano had one that we rescued, and ran it for about 7 years. I rode it a lot.

8-)
I loved my Ludix. A quirky little thing and was pretty nippy once derestricted. Bought it £800 brand new in 2005.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125