NSR: Sinnis T125 Terrain - new more powerful motor!

Chat about any motorbike here.
Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

NSR: Sinnis T125 Terrain - new more powerful motor!

Post by Data »

I know this is not a scooter. However, it is of interest to many on here I Know, including me. Would I part with my GTS300...don't think so but I'm going to consider the new Terrain for sure to run alongside the GTS.

There is a new Sinnis Terrain T125 with a new liquid cooled euro 5 motor. More torque, more hp...12.7hp or near 12.9ps. It now comes with a smooth 6spd gearbox instead of the old 5spd unit. This all means more speed and easier hill climbing. Some other improvements have been made to the electrics. It's not being released until April. Take a look below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZldnsKD-fpg

Given my nephews experience with his 2018 bike that already has near 24,000 miles on it and still looks brand new, I'd say these are a bargain. I've serviced it for him (a big service) and it was a joy to work on.

Capitano posted in the mc section this long term review of the old model. It's amazing!

https://ridingfromreality.minimountainm ... gB7uF7owGA

Just thought some of you might like to see what's happening at Sinnis. You can expect a host of new liquid cooled motors of all size this year. Should be an interesting one. ;)
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Re: NSR: Sinnis T125 Terrain - new more powerful motor!

Post by Dave Weller »

I have got an interest in one, I'm on the Facebook site they say the UK model comes in with a fitted centre stand.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

Sinnis are great bikes, I would say as good or almost as good as Japanese, and could well be made in the same factories as in China. I've had a couple of friends buy them and ridden them, and they're great products. The terrain looks like a great little bike.
Good as they are, I for one will not support them or any other "Made in China" goods where I can buy an alternative made elsewhere, even if I have to pay more or do without.
What the CCP are doing to their neighbours is starting to look like the Nazis prior to WW2, with aggressive expansionism both in the military and business, and I won't give it tacit support by buying it's products. I'm no doubt in the minority in this, and while I don't like to bring up politics on this forum, I feel I need to state my view in this matter.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

2wheelover51 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:16 am Good as they are, I for one will not support them or any other "Made in China" goods where I can buy an alternative made elsewhere, even if I have to pay more or do without.
That's your prerogative. To take such a stand, though, I guess you would have to boycott any manufacturer that uses anything made in PRC in their products.

Ergo, you would have to buy exclusively from manufacturers that share your views, and boycott PRC products themselves.

You can't buy a Honda, as they have a plant in PRC. Likewise Yamaha. etc. etc.

By boycotting a company like Sinnis, who purchase from manufacturers in PRC you would be taking less of a personal stance than if you boycotted Honda, Yamaha, in gfact all the major manufacturers, al of whom deal with, or have their own premises in PRC.

Personally, I think you'll struggle, or pay lip service. A bit like protesting against the meat trade by not buying from your local butcher, but continuing to buy and eat meat from supermarkets.

But, as I said, it's your prerogative.

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

As soon as Onthewheel (Sinnis House is a couple of miles from my home) open their doors properly I'll be having a ride on one of these.

The previous model was great. This should be even better.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Vespa GTS300ie abs asr

Post by Data »

2wheelover51 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:16 am Sinnis are great bikes, I would say as good or almost as good as Japanese, and could well be made in the same factories as in China. I've had a couple of friends buy them and ridden them, and they're great products. The terrain looks like a great little bike.
Good as they are, I for one will not support them or any other "Made in China" goods where I can buy an alternative made elsewhere, even if I have to pay more or do without.
What the CCP are doing to their neighbours is starting to look like the Nazis prior to WW2, with aggressive expansionism both in the military and business, and I won't give it tacit support by buying it's products. I'm no doubt in the minority in this, and while I don't like to bring up politics on this forum, I feel I need to state my view in this matter.
Yeah, I know how you probably feel about the China politics. Most of us on here most likely feel the same about repression of it's citizens etc etc. But as Capitano says not buying Chinese is impossible for most of us. The car you drive, the bike or scooter you ride, the products in your home, the computer upon which I type this and my phone that I use all have Chinese parts in them or are wholly produced in China. Heck even my pyjamas that I am wearing at this very minute are Chinese. And alongside the Sinnis motorcycle production line in the very same factory the Chinese make Yamaha, Suzuki, Honda, BMW and Harley Davidson bikes to name just a few. It's a huge factory in Shendong. Check it out you'll see I'm right. The suspension on my new French car was made in China, can you believe it! Even my GTS Vespa has some Chinese electrical bits fitted and they even make some scooters for Piaggio. China has taken over the world of producing things. In just 7 years they will be the biggest most powerful military and economic country in the world (as predicted by the world bank and just about everyone else). I doubt there is anything anyone can do to alter that. The funny thing is they did it all by stealing our technology and ideas! :o

PS. China is racing to put a space station in orbit around the moon and to build a moon base, but with the Russians. They most likely intend to own the moon and will no doubt militarise it. This will happen quite soon we are led to believe.
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

Red Dog
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 400z

Post by Red Dog »

I don't like the linked brakes, (Rear to front) idea very much, especially for gravel trails or in the wet.

Thoughts?

wightegi
Current Ride: Forza 300 Honda C90

Post by wightegi »

It is a legal thing on bikes with no ABS ,not thought out by people who ride bikes .

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

The only Sinnis bikes I've seen (including the one dumped in Lyn's garden - long story) have been wrecks that look like they've been in the cut for five years. But if you all want to buy them then knock yourselves out - it's your money.

Deleted User 4154

Post by Deleted User 4154 »

Red Dog wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:59 am I don't like the linked brakes, (Rear to front) idea very much, especially for gravel trails or in the wet.

Thoughts?
My '99 Burgman had them and they worked very well indeed.