2000 Burgman 400 - seats for tall people

A whole section dedicated to the Suzuki Burgman
Dave_Q
Current Ride: None

2000 Burgman 400 - seats for tall people

Post by Dave_Q »

Hi all,

Just got a 2000 Burgman 400X.

I could do with removing the seat hump bumrest thing but it's not like the other one's I've seen on the internet, it's not adjustable it's held on with 3 bolts and I think it will look a bit weird with it removed.

Can I fit a seat off a later model? Which will fit, if any?

Thanks.

Dave_Q
Current Ride: None

Re: 2000 Burgman 400 - seats for tall people

Post by Dave_Q »

Right I have looked at a few seats myself and I can see the shape of the seat changes after 2003.

The K1-K2 seats look like they are the same shape but the latch bits looks different.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294009157386

Is there anything I can do for a bit more legroom on a 2000 burger with the fixed backrest?

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Re: 2000 Burgman 400 - seats for tall people

Post by Rocketman122 »

I apologize I cant help much as I dont know much on the pre 2007 body. have you considered going to furniture upholstery shop to see if they can rebuild the seat with new foam? obviously your passenger will have less room as you will take some of that for your own. have you tried removing the backrest and then getting a shop to make that backrest thinner? you could probably do it yourself. remove the cover, then staples, cut the foam and youll need to reglue or staple back. make sure its stetched out nicely and secured.