Double jabbers OAPs on tour

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Deleted User 18446

Double jabbers OAPs on tour

Post by Deleted User 18446 »

Anyone considering touring France ,Spain later in the year September October if able to .If double jabbers don't have to Quarantine. Must admit hardly ridden lost interest a bit wanted to go with the wife in campervan .Had my 25% cash payout from pension pot and she flatley refuses this year at least. So thinking if on my own keep money in bank go on scooter .I've got trial run to Scotland booked August shake down for me and scoot .Just wondered if anyone else had euro trips planned . Hoping no tests to return by then for double jabbers but possibly would do test .Have to add I'm quite antisocial so won't be propping bars up chatting with anyone and accom have booked is self-catering mainly .Apart from touring parts then be Ibis Budget 😆

Cloudswiper
Current Ride: TMAX 530 DX 2019

Re: Double jabbers OAPs on tour

Post by Cloudswiper »

Sounds fun. I can vouch for Scotland this year. Not overrun as threatened.
For Europe I’m a bit of a Belgium fan. We have been biking down to Spa once a year to help out/get in the way of a mate’s LMP3 team. There is also the really fun supermoto race at Mettet on a street course. Lots of interesting WW2 stuff to see.

Deleted User 18446

I've been to Ypres few times but usually as stop off see last post ect never really spent lot of time doing the war stuff.

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

County Durham has good roads and isn't overun either.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125

steve_h80
Current Ride: silverwing 600

Post by steve_h80 »

Shhh Mottza, we're trying to keep it secret.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

mottza wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:07 am County Durham has good roads and isn't overun either.
Go to Middleton in Teesdale on most Sunny days - let alone bank holidays - and its overrun with bikers!!!!

Deleted User 18446

I've done the road from County Durham to Jedburg that's nice was in the car though .

Liam
Benefactor
Current Ride: Tmax 560 Vespa Sei Giorni

Post by Liam »

Sagalout wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:49 am Anyone considering touring France ,Spain later in the year September October if able to
Pikey told me he might be going to Spain in September. I think he was taking the ferry to Bilbao or Santander.
I said I might go with him but don't think I will. Not sure if he's banned from here??

I might nip over to France for a few days but it'll be at very short notice and depends if I can sort out someone to cover me while I'm away.

Deleted User 18446

I'm coming back via Santander going out via Caen if do whole of what's planned if shorter version be direct to Santander. Another consideration is which country has easiest restrictions in and out at the time .

mottza
Admin
Current Ride: 2023 Honda ADV350

Post by mottza »

Liam. Pikey isn't banned. He left on his on accord and deleted his account.
2023 Honda ADV350 & 2020 Honda Super Cub 125