New Tricity 300 Ireland

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
bflan_tricity300
Current Ride: Yamaha Tricity 300

New Tricity 300 Ireland

Post by bflan_tricity300 »

I am a new member, living in Dublin, Ireland, I have just purchased the Tricity 300, previously I had a Xmas 250 for 9 years, a Majesty 250 for 2 years & tricity 125 for 4 years.
now the proud owner of the tricity 300 :D

bflan_tricity300
Current Ride: Yamaha Tricity 300

Re: New Tricity 300 Ireland

Post by bflan_tricity300 »

re the 300, I have 1 questions.
1- I am only 5'-4" tall with an inside leg of 27", the ride height of the T300 is quite high, higher than the Xmax 250 I had, and the bike is physically wide.
it is also quite a heavy bike, I can only get my tippy toes to the ground when stopped, I have been to an upholsterer to remove some Saddle foam, it has helped and I can just about get 1 foot to the ground.
I think the solution is to get a saddle custom made, so I am looking for a custom saddle make in the UK.

2- being short I find that when riding i am looking thru the windscreen, rathere than above it, so when it rains my view is obscured. I have removed the screen, however for wind deflection/protection I would like to get a shorter screen or get the screen cut,.
any help with either question most welcome.

Martijn Wils
Current Ride: Burgman 400 + Suzuki DR650

Post by Martijn Wils »

Congratulations on taking delivery of your new Tricity 300!
I'd welcome an opportunity to test ride one, but that's not an option when on secondment to North America.

wightegi
Current Ride: Forza 300 Honda C90

Post by wightegi »

Hi did you cut the screen ? If not an angle grinder with a 1mm multipurpose disc will do a good job , make sure it is okay to use on plastic, I cut my screen down using some 50 mm masking tape lined up with the top of the screen and then cut along the bottom .

Deleted User 18472

Post by Deleted User 18472 »

Hello & Welcome.

Symcity
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda SH300i

Post by Symcity »

Hi and welcome to the forum - isn’t it shit that you buy a fantastic new motorcycle and then you have to start chopping it to pieces because of your personal dimensions - your issues can certainly be overcome but at more expense - I trust that you were aware of the limitations of the bike before you went ahead and bought it - www.cycle-ergo.com is a decent motorcycle ergonomic simulator providing useful data for prospective buyers πŸ‘Œ

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Silence S01

Post by roadster »

If I might suggest, a better way to cut the screen down is to apply plenty of wide masking tape to fully protect the surface on both sides then mark out a cut line and gently cut with an electric fret saw/ jigsaw using a fine blade and minimal force. Find the height that suits you by looking through the screen in your normal seated position and choosing a point on the road perhaps two or three meters ahead to mark as the cut off height. If you go too low you will lose the benefit of the wind being deflected above you neckline.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...