Tmax underseat vs Scorpion Exo-Tech Evo

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Betty
Current Ride: Tmax 530 DX

Tmax underseat vs Scorpion Exo-Tech Evo

Post by Betty »

Just wondered if anyone has a XL Scorpion Exo-Tech Evo Flip up Helmet and does it fit under the seat of a Tmax 530DX 2018 ?
Betty the Scoot

StephenC
Benefactor
Current Ride: Kymco DT X360

Re: Tmax underseat vs Scorpion Exo-Tech Evo

Post by StephenC »

I'm sorry I can't help but if we did awards, your post would surely win "most niche question of the year"!

Perhaps if you could give dimensions one of our Tmax brethren could compare to their own lid?
Expert in Close Quarters Combat Filtering
Can is not the same as Should

Dr Gonzo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Dr Gonzo »

Don't know if it helps or not but a large Shoei Neotec II (flip front) fits no problem.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

As someone who owns a M Arai full face, I can't help you! There is obviously a decent amount of space for a full face helmet under there. I suspect the only problem will be if your helmet has large aero wings or peaks or something as the space is rather rounded. I had no problem with Schuberth flip-ups but that was on early Tmax versions.

Betty

Post by Betty »

Thanks for the replies i currently have a LS2 Vector XL Helmet and that needs to be in a certain position to fit,
I'll probably go for the Shoei Neotec as i've had one before but never thought it would fit in the Tmax 8-)
Betty the Scoot

Pukmeister
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2011 Tmax + 2019 R1250GSA

Post by Pukmeister »

My Neotec 2 fits under the seat on my Mk3 Tmax 500, as does my Schuberth C4. I'd wager the 530 has more underseat space as the Mk3 is crap.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Post by MrGrumpy »

Pukmeister wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:09 am My Neotec 2 fits under the seat on my Mk3 Tmax 500, as does my Schuberth C4. I'd wager the 530 has more underseat space as the Mk3 is crap.
Well...maybe! The 530 onward space looks huge, but you can fit very little more in it - basically a helmet and gloves and odds &sods, just like older Tmaxs. The space is poorly arranged- the helmet has to go in a particular place where there is a well in the base, but that leaves wasted space around it, and the helmet goes in lengthwise rather than sideways, so more space is wasted.

Betty

Post by Betty »

FYI Yes it does fit :D
Betty the Scoot