New Sym ADV scoot

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: New Sym ADV scoot

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yes, this Sym is clearly going to be a direct competitor with the Peugeot XP400 rather than the Honda ADV350 - the Sym and Pug are more powerful and possibly more off-road capable than the Honda. We will have to see about the Sym's weight - as Mottza says, the Pug is much heavier and more expensive than the Honda!

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

Data wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:59 am Yes I saw this earlier from Visordown. It looks a good piece of kit. Sym make quality bikes and engines.
They do indeed.

Sadly the same kind of enthusiasm for Sym's aftercare services and spares supply would be unfounded.

Tales of Sym owners having to order even consumable items through Greek ebay is not uncommon.

I've said it before, but if I lived in Greece or on one of the Greek islands, I'd ride a Sym as the aftercare is marvellous and the scooters are ace.

In the UK, I wouldn't even contemplate buying one, no matter how brilliant it is.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Yes, I've heard lots of bad things about Sym's spare parts service and attitude of the importer. On the other hand, Sym do actually have a decent dealer network, unlike a certain other Taiwanese brand and Yamaha!

YetAnotherMuppet
Current Ride: x-max

Post by YetAnotherMuppet »

I wonder what the storage under the seat and the availability of accessories (Givi and Shad topboxes, Tucano leg cover, etc) will be. These practicalities are a huge reason why people choose scooters rather than motorcycles.

MrGrumpy
Benefactor

Post by MrGrumpy »

Kymco are also getting in on the act with their CV-L6 Adventure (ish) scooter.

I think this was originally shown as the CV2 concept a couple of years back. Its basicallly an AK550 with a rather handsome restyle - but its not immediately clear to me what the adventure attributes of it are, except for the slightly trailie style tyres or the ubiquitous tin trunks!