I'm scooterless

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Dr Gonzo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Suzuki Burgman 650

I'm scooterless

Post by Dr Gonzo »

Today is a sad day. After having my TMax stolen and recovered (again) in November, the insurance company decided to write it off. The f*ckwits that stole it failed to strap it down in the stolen van they had it away in, which meant it got thrown around and damaged. A lot. The police told me it was a broken mirror and a few scratches but almost every panel had some damage.

About an hour ago Copart came and took it away. I've been paid out by the insurance but it's still a bad day.

I won't be getting another TMax. I've had two and both were stolen. So if anyone wants a Yamaha top box, stock pillion rails, aftermarket rear hugger or sat nav mount for a 2020-2022 TMax give me a shout.

What's next? I'm not sure. Something less desirable that's the only proviso so far. Nothing will happen until next year once my broken collarbone is all healed. I can't test-ride anything with one arm in a sling. :roll:

MrGrumpy
Benefactor
Current Ride: T-max mk6

Re: I'm scooterless

Post by MrGrumpy »

Oh.....selling a scoot can feel more like a divorce than a sale, but this feels like a kidnapping!
If its any consolation, the weather here has been so awful - bitter cold, ice, snow and now rain (on top of the melting snow) means that I haven't ridden for days!

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

First of all,i hope you heal soon……i had a mk 4 tmax and a mk 6 Tmax which as i have stated got stolen,got it back,px’d a year later for a Forza 750,in theory not so desirable by the scumbag society,although a fellow MM Forza 750 has been a victim recently,i enjoyed the 750,i normally change scoots after 3 years ownership,i had read reports about the Forza 350,watch the YouTube vloggers,although i don’t get my knee down on every corner,i do like to give it “a few beans”😁occasionally,i was’nt sure the 350 would fit the bill,but i happy with it,i guess like me,your scooter lives outside,despite upgrading the locks & chains and a tracker fitted,the insurance is still pretty scary,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

Greyerbeard
Current Ride: Any of the below

Post by Greyerbeard »

Condolences...
I swapped from a T-Max to an X-Max 300 to a Forza 350 and honestly I don't feel any lack of performance in the Forza - it always feels 'quick'.
A bit cramped and 'stiff' versus the T-Max of course, but you can't have everything!
1964 Matchless G3
1989 Honda C90
2019 Triumph Street Scrambler 900
2021 Honda Forza 350