Talk to me about your Burgman 650 experiences

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Dr Gonzo
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2016 Suzuki Burgman 650

Talk to me about your Burgman 650 experiences

Post by Dr Gonzo »

Having decided it's pointless buying another TMax (two stolen three times in 12 months) I've all but settled on getting a Burgman 650 to replace the last TMax. So what do I need to know? What should I look out for, anything good bad or indifferent about them?

And one last thing, don't bother telling me to get a 400. It'll be used for motorway journeys carrying my lardy arse and occasional two-up journeys so I want the extra capacity and I loved the speed of the TMax!

Cheers

Dave Weller
Benefactor
Current Ride: VespaGTS250 Wave110i

Re: Talk to me about your Burgman 650 experiences

Post by Dave Weller »

You will find much info on the X9 Owners club forum, you need to get a post 2011 model to avoid stopper bolt and transmission bearing issues.
I had a 2009 K9 B650 and loved ridding it. No issues at all with mine. Better than my Mk2 Tmax, enjoy.
Spanners.
Honda NC750 Manual
VESPA GTS250
Royal Enfield HNTR 350
Honda Wave 110i

Stephen
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda Forza 350

Post by Stephen »

Dr Gonzo wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:54 am Having decided it's pointless buying another TMax (two stolen three times in 12 months) I've all but settled on getting a Burgman 650 to replace the last TMax. So what do I need to know? What should I look out for, anything good bad or indifferent about them?

And one last thing, don't bother telling me to get a 400. It'll be used for motorway journeys carrying my lardy arse and occasional two-up journeys so I want the extra capacity and I loved the speed of the TMax!

Cheers
You’ll got absolutely no argument from me about the Burgman 650,i’ve had 5 possibly 6,nearly always new,2 warranty issues a rectifier and i needed to get the wheels resprayed(a known issue)i covered many miles on mine it’ll keep pace with most sports tourers,although a bit lardy on some corners,i am a short legged fat git,so seat height was good,if they still made ‘em i would probably still be buying them,despite their 270 kg wieght ,i ran one alongside my big Harley tourer,the Burger was much more comfortable,service intervals and costs were a bit of an issue as i dont tinker myself,but if you’re handy with a spanner and screwdriver you’ll be ok,underseat storage is great,i always had a 52 litre top box as well,They do seem to be holding their prices fairly well,i do tend to check every now and then for a low mileage bargin,2013 they were revamped,they look nice in the gloss white,

Steve
Honda Forza 350

Ride Safe Ride Upright
"Better to be late in this world,rather than early in the next world"

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by knight2 »

I've never ridden a Tmax so I can't compare but I've had the Burgman for two years all but a week and I've done about 8000 to 9000 miles on it with no complaints at all. In fact it's left me wishing I'd bought one early,I mostly kept the Deauville as I couln't find anything to replace it and never considered a scooter. As Dave Weller said get a 12 plate or later and I don't think you'll have any problems, heavy rain or wind don''t faze it at all and it's a brilliant motorway cruiser. They also seem to be holding their price I see 12 plates like mine going for over £4000 which is more than I paid two years ago. See if you can get a decent test ride I doubt if you would be dissapointed.
I don't know if they are any less knickable than tmax though.