Honda ADV 350 from a Tracer 900 GT

Make your first post here or feel the wrath of the Muppets.
Old Scooter Pete
Current Ride: Honda ADV 350

Honda ADV 350 from a Tracer 900 GT

Post by Old Scooter Pete »

Good Afternoon or at least it is here as I sit and write this.

I am at that age (67) where I have started to feel that my Tracer 900 GT is a bit too much for me in terms of weight and seat height. So after embarking on my last big tour to France on it within the next week, upon my return I will be swapping it over for a new Honda ADV 350.

My intention is to report about my last motorbike journey to France and how it went and then the transition into the Scooter World and how that goes and it makes me feel etc.

Please ask any questions if you are interested and are considering doing the same yourself. Lets see how it goes !!

:D

knight2
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Re: Honda ADV 350 from a Tracer 900 GT

Post by knight2 »

Welcome Pete, there's a couple on here with ADV's. Like you I changed from a bike to a scoot about two and half years ago and not regretted it. Look forward to reading about your French trip it's a while since I've been but we always enjoyed France, big country, nice roads and a lot to see.

Old Scooter Pete
Current Ride: Honda ADV 350

Post by Old Scooter Pete »

Thanks for the welcome knight2. I will keep you posted.

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sym Joymax 125

Post by roadster »

In a similar position to you when I tried the ADV I found it did not suit me because I couldn't plant both feet firmly on the ground. At just over 5ft 10 and an age where the limbs are not so supple or strong it gave me no confidence. But you may well be fitter and/or taller in which case its more to do with your liking for the semi automatic transmission and general riding experience. I believe the newer models are improved all round so best of luck with your choice.
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...

Stibbs
Benefactor
Current Ride: 2022 NSSForza350

Post by Stibbs »

I went for the Forza 350 due to the legs. I’ve a short leg and the adv didn’t suit, however both bikes are excellent and most riders on this forum will give you excellent advice and support. Enjoy