Northern Muppets ride out - again 19th 20th May.

Groucherino
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Re: Northern Muppets ride out - again 19th 20th May.

Post by Groucherino »

Ey up! Looking forward to the weekend, reckon we are thinking Sunday? Can do a nice early start, whatever it takes, just need more bacon sarnies along the way.......still looking like missus will be along too. Awaiting further developments..... :)

ady
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 650 ex K7

Post by ady »

Saturday is better for me but i am ok with Sunday.

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Post by Gerard C »

Hi Guys. For me its got to be Sunday. Now for where to. I am up for an early start on this one like Groucherino. AKA Clive and Mrs. Ady we were thinking of the Lakes but is that still on or do we go for somewhere else? Ive still got the Holiday Chillout on me so I am not bothered as long as we get off somewhere. If its the Lakes routes anybody and are we meeting up with Ady? What about going over via Scotch Corner? Bit boring on the A1 up there but not bad accross.

ady
Benefactor

Post by ady »

I dont know routes in the lakes but i am happy to meet anywhere, even skipton and cross country if you rather? or there is Hawes and kirby lonsdale etc :)

TmaX9
Current Ride: 04 and 54 X9 500 Evos

Post by TmaX9 »

The Lakes are west of the A6, North of Milnthorpe and not Skipton, Hawes, Kirkby Lonsdale and most definitely not Scotch Corner!
You don't need to know the roads that well, as every road virtually is a good road up there. Just follow your nose. Try something like this...
A590 to Gilpin Bridge, A5074 to Bowness, A592 to Glenridding, A5091 to the A66 and left towards Keswick would make a good lunch stop.
Back south down the A591 to Grasmere then through the village and around the back side of the lake to Loughrigg Tarn and onto the A593 and right through Skelwith Bridge to Coniston and down the east side of the lake past Brantwood through Spark Bridge and back onto the A590 at Rusland. Follow this back to the M6 via Newby Bridge and you are back to where you started.

Fingers
Current Ride: Maxsym 400

Post by Fingers »

Hi.. long day from here to lakes, round lakes, then do a ride then back... would prefer around skipton kirby lonsdale hawes type area really :-)
:)

ady
Benefactor

Post by ady »

TmaX9 wrote:The Lakes are west of the A6, North of Milnthorpe and not Skipton, Hawes, Kirkby Lonsdale and most definitely not Scotch Corner!
You don't need to know the roads that well, as every road virtually is a good road up there. Just follow your nose. Try something like this...
A590 to Gilpin Bridge, A5074 to Bowness, A592 to Glenridding, A5091 to the A66 and left towards Keswick would make a good lunch stop.
Back south down the A591 to Grasmere then through the village and around the back side of the lake to Loughrigg Tarn and onto the A593 and right through Skelwith Bridge to Coniston and down the east side of the lake past Brantwood through Spark Bridge and back onto the A590 at Rusland. Follow this back to the M6 via Newby Bridge and you are back to where you started.
I should have made it a bit clearer, i was refering to meeting up and then going to the lakes, and to do that i would need to go through/via skipton or hawes etc.

Fingers
Current Ride: Maxsym 400

Post by Fingers »

Hi guys... is this happening??.. if so whats the meet/route? :D

JohnR93
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NT700 Deauville

Post by JohnR93 »

Gerard C,

just a suggestion... Why not rendezvous at the Lakeland Motor Museum just off the A590 at about 11:00hrs for those who have had a bit of a ride to get there could look round the museum and for those who are ready for more, could use it as a launch point for a ride-out. There are quite a few runs, short and long that could be done from there.

Lakeland Motor Museum Limited, Old Blue Mill, Backbarrow, Ulverston, Cumbria LA12 8TA
Tel: 015395 30400 | info@lakelandmotormuseum.co.uk

Their website, The Lakeland Motor Museum

A google map is here... Lakeland Motor Museum

This was a proposed ride-out by someone last year but it never happened. :?:
Regards,
(100% Ugly Bunch Member)

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Fingers i agree with you too much in one go. I will be out, as usual, but i'm not going as far as the Lakes. :)