I Am Not Happy

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Re: I Am Not Happy

Post by Rocketman122 »

"No doubt I shall get a puncture on the mk6 when I get it back on the road...."

I hope not.

Data
Benefactor
Current Ride: Royal Enfield 350 Meteor

Post by Data »

Don't forget to read the instructions for Puncturesafe if you get a puncture and follow them religiously. It does work!
Probably not ugly enough for the 'Ugly Bunch'! :lol:

Been riding for 54 years & owned too many bikes to list here...

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

I`m not happy either took the SW back wheel to have a new tyre fitted.

Told them many times please leave the only 1 year old small valve on if you don`t have a small one.

Must be a small one etc etc.

Picked the wheel up not long before before the MOT and low and behold aarrrggghhh a very large new valve, all they had !!! and I had to go home bung the wheel on and go.

Got the MOT but the valve catches ( badly ) on the brake caliper. Still passed thankfully as they did`nt notice..

So has to come off and go to another spot I know has small valves, and be re fitted. ( they were booked up !!! ).

Sodds flippin doings and another Krypton Factor event on getting the SW wheel out and back in again.

Sorry for your bad luck too Mr G.

Rocketman122
Current Ride: eee

Post by Rocketman122 »

im always in awe when mechanics never listen to what you tell them. dumb idiots. if its not a short valve its an absolute nightmare x2. its a nightmare as is to fit the air filler in, but then you add a large valve and its just impossible because youll need to bend it and after time it will leak air. baboons.

2wheelover51
Current Ride: 2012 Burgman 400 Limited

Post by 2wheelover51 »

XP500,
Is there any room to fit a 90 degree valve extension thingy to it, just while you add air?

XP500FUN
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda WibbleWing 600 Love it

Post by XP500FUN »

Yes its a shame when they don`t listen or " know better " than the customer. Even if you know your bike well and they have no idea at all !!!

But when something has a small one fitted on a small wheel !!! why put on a much bigger one anyway ? just common doings and all that.

Hi 51 when the stubby valve is on I can easily get in with the mini compressor thingie so OK with that.

My son dropped the wheel off at my usual spot for me today and then picked it up later. Shame to have to pay again buy they are good there and had the small ones in.

I`ve also bought 2 new TR412 Valves too have in the drawer here.

I went a bit nutty and bought two german ones for £5.30 the two delivered.

Back wheel back on tomorrow, and taxing on the 1st of May if I can hold on until then, though struggling !!!

But then be a handy 6 until the end of October.

Hope the tyres on the right way round etc !!!

tmaxrobbo
Benefactor
Current Ride: BMW C Evo Yamaha T Max 560

Post by tmaxrobbo »

sorry to hear all that . Having had many T Max's from Mk 1 up to Mk 6 , I noted that the quality seems to be less than it was . The rear shock needs a lot of regular cleaning on the newer model , but never needed any looking after on the earlier bikes . same with the rear belt when the enclosed chain ran trouble free . What did it for me was mine being targeted and stolen . They are great bikes , and I keep thinking of chopping my EVO in for one except no one wants it in PX . So I will keep on with the EVO , still love its quiet efficiency and rapid accelaration . but a bit soul less

roadster
Benefactor
Current Ride: Sym Joymax 125

Post by roadster »

XP500FUN wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 4:18 pm I`m not happy either took the SW back wheel to have a new tyre fitted.

Told them many times please leave the only 1 year old small valve on if you don`t have a small one.

Must be a small one etc etc.

Picked the wheel up not long before before the MOT and low and behold aarrrggghhh a very large new valve, all they had !!! and I had to go home bung the wheel on and go.

Got the MOT but the valve catches ( badly ) on the brake caliper. Still passed thankfully as they did`nt notice..

So has to come off and go to another spot I know has small valves, and be re fitted. ( they were booked up !!! ).

Sodds flippin doings and another Krypton Factor event on getting the SW wheel out and back in again.

Sorry for your bad luck too Mr G.
I had exactly this problem with what was supposed to be a brand new Benelli Velvet. It was delivered with low tyre pressure and I assumed they had just forgotten to check tyre pressures on PDI. But after adjusting them correctly I was puzzled to find the rear tyre losing pressure after any high speed run. Eventually the tell tail marks on the valve cap led me to the problem that when the valve warmed up the rubber was soft enough for it to bend sideways and hit the brake calliper. It was obvious that the tyre had been changed and a new valve fitted which was too long. This was also a clue that the scooter sold as new had actually been rehashed from a demonstrator and I subsequently found plenty of other evidence when doing routine servicing. I was only too pleased that the insurance company wrote it off after being rear ended by a careless driver. They said that the frame was bent and I couldn't help wondering if it was that accident or just another fault that had always been there from "new".
Located on UK South Coast
SYM Joymax 125 and Honda CB300R. Previously Silence S01, Kymco AK550, Triumph Tiger 850, Triumph Street Twin etc...