Northern Muppets ride out - again 19th 20th May.

Gerard C
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman 650

Re: Northern Muppets ride out - again 19th 20th May.

Post by Gerard C »

Hi, Ive sent a PM to all who have expressed an interest. So its up to you to respond. The plan is for Groucherino, Fingers and Me, (Sounds like the plot of a Movie), to meet up with Ady at Harrogate. Then depending on what the others come back we will get together or play it by ear. Interesting comment on this thread about enthusiasm waning on ride outs but come on Guys it might not be great weather but its the 5th Month of the Year and not long to Autumn / Winter. Do you want to waste an opportunity to ride out? Not sure I will like the answer to that one. LOL

ady
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 650 ex K7

Post by ady »

See you at A61/A59 junction :)

R1K SU
Current Ride: Burgman 650

Post by R1K SU »

Its my only day off work with the Mrs so she will have plans, I would have loved to go, but she must be obeyed :(
Yam RD350 YPVS
Honda VFR750
Yam RD 350 air
Kawa GT550
Kawa ZZR600
Yam FZ1s
Burgman 650
Honda VFR 1200 DCT....ecu Flashed
Suzuki GSXS1000
Suzuki GSXR1000 K7 😜😜
Zero FXS

ady
Benefactor
Current Ride: Burgman 650 ex K7

Post by ady »

Thanks to everyone who turned up today, another well organised ride out which resulted in a fantastic ride out with sunshine and warm temperatures. in total i did 153 miles, we ended up in http://www.manor-cafe.co.uk which was holding a fundraiser for the Ride For Heroes, sorry to Sylar for leaving him in Hawes too :oops:
I think alongside the Ugly bunch we should name ourselves the safecrackers :lol: lead by Mr Fingers :lol:

oh and if anyone see's a bar end weight from a burgman can they pick it up for me :oops:

Groucherino
Current Ride: Burgman 400

Post by Groucherino »

Ditto that Ady, great rideout in great company. Mrs Groucherino and myself will have to raid the gas meter to pay for all those cafes :o Stunning scenery out there, privilege to be riding thru it with The Safecrackers! Leeds was 'orrible riding back, we definitely weren't the only muppets around! See you all at Ride of Honour....

Sylar
Current Ride: Forza 350-Cruisym300i

Post by Sylar »

Would you believe it, left again on a toilet break, but, i caught them up. Don't they sell incontinance pads for us oldies. I might have to invest in a pack! Seriuosly fellows had agreat day out, and a brilliant ride home, most enjoyable i did 154mls. :D

Gerard C
Benefactor

Post by Gerard C »

Thanks to all that made the effort. I have to say that area is fantastic. I envy Sylar his time to get around it. The weather favoured us again and the Mrs actually said she enjoyed it. I think mostly because of Mrs Groucherino being there for company. Great to meet Fingers. I suspect that theres hidden depths to that Guy. Musician, Photographer, International Jewel thief - I might have mis heard that last one. Look out for the next ride out - Stay safe.

Fingers
Current Ride: Maxsym 400

Post by Fingers »

Cracking day out... great to meet new peeps and really enjoyed the 'twistys'. Although I'm not shy about having a pie or 2... I cant keep up with Gerard and Groucherino in the meals at cafe stakes!! Lovely to meet the glamourous Mrs Gerard and Mrs Groucherino... how they kept on the back of their bikes at over 120 mph I dont know... they deserve a medal!

I'm not sure about being an International al jewell thief... mebbe International Pie thief...... ;)

Pics to come soon .....

Fingers
Current Ride: Maxsym 400

Post by Fingers »

Gerard C
Benefactor

Post by Gerard C »

I am going to have to get a bigger bike! Why do I wear a Hi Viz vest? I can be seen from outer space. I could have bloody planets orbiting me. Its so depressing. Or else just maybe Fingers just got me from the wrong angle? Probably did, now wheres the next Bacon Buttie. Talking of which what was the name of that Cafe at the Farm Shop? A59 out of Harrogate about 2 miles on left. Amazing Bacon and Egg. Very friendly indeed. Deserves a call in when passing.