Piaggio are saved!

For members who own little scooters.
barryG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300 SS

Re: Piaggio are saved!

Post by barryG »

It does seem to be a league apart from other Chinese scoots quality wise, I thought it bettered some of the SYMs too. Apparently its a bit sluggish though.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Symbretta sluggish?
Must be the weight of all that metal cladding :lol:

Ginger Phil
Benefactor

Post by Ginger Phil »

I thought he meant the Neco? :?

barryG
Benefactor
Current Ride: Vespa GTS 300 SS

Post by barryG »

I did Phil, seems all the rubbish gn2 talks has piled up in front of his eyes... :lol: ;) :kiss:

gn2

Post by gn2 »

barryG wrote:I did Phil, seems all the rubbish I talk has piled up in front of his eyes... :lol: ;) :kiss:
How am I to know what you mean if your shite has obstructed my view...?

capitano
Admin
Current Ride: Burgman + Cub90

Post by capitano »

barryG wrote:It does seem to be a league apart from other Chinese scoots quality wise, I thought it bettered some of the SYMs too. Apparently its a bit sluggish though.
On par with a standard LML or PX I believe.

Both the PX and LML Star benefit (performance if not reliability-wise) from some minor tuning but the Neco...benefits from having a GY6 based motor for which the options are almost infinite. :D

TBH 50-55 mph would be all I'd expect from one and perfectly adequate.

Ginger Phil
Benefactor

Post by Ginger Phil »

capitano wrote:TBH 50-55 mph would be all I'd expect from one and perfectly adequate.
That's what annoyed me about my LML. I've seen 73 mph on my X8's speedo and it does nip along quite nicely, I'm going down to Kent on it (150 miles) in a few months and have no doubt I'll thoroughly enjoy it and be able to keep up with a lot of the traffic but with the LML I only saw 62 top speed and that was thrashing the bugger! A normal cruising speed would've been 50 - 55, it was like riding a derestricted moped. Even my old Blaster would show about 54 and that was a 50cc. The PX125's seem to be pretty much the same, they'll reach 60-odd but you wouldn't want to hold it there all day.

Whilst I love the looks of the LML/PX/Neco I don't think I could live with one all year.

martb4632
Benefactor
Current Ride: LML Star 150 4 Stroke

Post by martb4632 »

My LML's about the same I'v seen an indicated 60mph once but I tend to keep her between 50 - 55 mph as thats where she feels happiest and I dont want to thrash the poor thing mercilessley all the time !
I didn't buy it expecting to get the same performance as I'v had from my more modern 125's such as my Runner or Skipper but I just love the challenge of changing gear, the smell of 2 stroke smoke, & the engine note is music to my ears :D

I wouldn't use it all year which is why I'm looking for something a bit more up to date and more powerful as a daily rider.
Back in the day (early 80's) I did use a PX as my only form of transport and it was pretty much faultless but there was a lot less traffic on the roads and what there was tended to travel at a more sedate pace.

gn2

Post by gn2 »

Speaking of speeds, the other day I was following a Post Office van, on the back of it was a sticker showing a 70mph speed limit sign and underneath it said "this vehicle is limited to 70mph".
Funny, I thought all traffic was limited to 70mph...?

Ginger Phil
Benefactor

Post by Ginger Phil »

martb4632 wrote:My LML's about the same I'v seen an indicated 60mph once but I tend to keep her between 50 - 55 mph as thats where she feels happiest and I dont want to thrash the poor thing mercilessley all the time !
Yeah I loved my LML (and all the classically styled scooters) especially the sound, the looks and the customising but the performance really got on my nerves so I can see why nearly everyone kits them or buys a 200. :twisted: