one pot hole too many

Chat about all makes of Maxi scoot here!
andi mac
Current Ride: yamaha majesty 400

one pot hole too many

Post by andi mac »

well what can i say
i now have a oval front wheel coming home down the backlanes i hit a pothole nearly through me off (thought f*ck ) got home had a look things look ok
going to work next day front end had a slight patter
coming home sun shinning thinking how lovely things were and hit the F*cking hole again slightly my fault daydreaming and moving over for on coming tractor
this time hit it with a wack rest of way home front end pattering bad and a wobble

took wheel off and down to local shop put it on a jig 1/4 inch flat spot in rim and a 4 mil side movement
peugeot sat rim has offset spokes and its the unsupported side thats gone

new £255 +vat found a second hand one on fleebay £80 hope this one is round

been told i can get it repaired but dont like that idea

so off road for a few days now thought about claiming off council but wakefield council is shit more chance of platting piss than getting money off them

Mr Angry

Re: one pot hole too many

Post by Mr Angry »

Put your claim in and ask them for inspection reports for that section of road together with a copy of the inspection routine and any reports made. Just that alone may make them pay up.

Kayos
Current Ride: Burgman 125

Post by Kayos »

Potholes....Them things are a right....Whenever I see one now I take note of the location and run down there during the night and fill the things up myself with some loose chippings I have >.< Screw the council they don't give a shite about the roads anymore or at least the back roads / lanes.
You can never silence the voice of the silent.

jamie
Benefactor
Current Ride: sport city 300 .. gtr 1400

Post by jamie »

id stop mate you are on very dodgy ground legally fella if someone has an accident there

scorpakid
Current Ride: x8 400i.scorpa125

Post by scorpakid »

repair repair repair all the way.... my son used to have an aprilia rs125 with alloy wheels...... he crashed it dinging the rim and buckling it .... i made it even worse by trying to gently ease out the lip on the edge of rim with a mallet so the tyre would inflate....this split the rim making it even worse....

yes i was a complete twat...i didnt know how soft these rims can be.... i took it to a place...think it was called maidstone motoliner centre...dont know if it is still there... might be..? they repair frames and wheels....

the wheel was good as knew after they had repaired it...i couldnt even find where they had repaired the split it was that good a job.... and it was not expensive either.... sure it was between £30-£40.... worth enquiring or looking into.... just coz its bent ...it aint broke..... :kiss:

GTscootz
Current Ride: Silverwing 600

Post by GTscootz »

Used to be the case that councils wouldn't pay out on damage caused through a pot-hole unless it was already reported. Their defence being, "How can we fix what we don't know about"....how it works these days I have no idea.

victor
Benefactor
Current Ride: Suzuki Burgman Exec 650 K9

Post by victor »

complain in writing about the damage if you do not get anything back that hole has been reported and a fellow biker could end up like you or worse off

andi mac
Current Ride: yamaha majesty 400

Post by andi mac »

will report it and see what happens

kayz1
Benefactor
Current Ride: Scott X-ADV75 + bmw r90s + c70

Post by kayz1 »

andi mac wrote:will report it and see what happens

Make sure you tell them how much a NEW wheel is, not the E=blag item... :lol:

JohnR93
Benefactor
Current Ride: Honda NT700 Deauville

Post by JohnR93 »

You can report potholes, cracks, sunken manhole covers (now known in these PC days as Access Covers) etc. on - http://www.fixmystreet.com/
Then they are reported...
Regards,
(100% Ugly Bunch Member)